Technical Engine bay/scuttle panel seal missing!

Currently reading:
Technical Engine bay/scuttle panel seal missing!

pinxi

Hi,

After having my windscreen replaced on our 500 S we've just noticed the rubber seal that runs the width of the scuttle panel is missing, I think would explain the creaks we've been experiencing when going over bumps! Does anyone know where to get a replacement from? I've looked everywhere but cannot find the part - does it come as part of the scuttle panel itself? Any help would be great.

500_seal.jpg

I was going on the arrowed part in the OP's image and the one on the page I linked looked more of a match in terms of shape. Like @varesecrazy and @John202020 said I thought it could be the front of the bonnet but none of the pictures of a 500 I could see online seemed to have a seal at the front so I thought it might be the one the OP wanted. The one on 70522 looked more like one that goes under the windscreen. Having said all that I've never looked under the bonnet of a 500 in real life so I'll definitely bow to real world experience on this!
Well that wasn't straightforward..
Ain't that the truth! ePER can be very frustrating at times as to where things will be. It'd be useful if the part descriptions included words like 'scuttle' occasionally rather than vagaries such as 'ornamentation' or 'seal'

Back