Tuning Engine and Gearbox

Currently reading:
Tuning Engine and Gearbox

Dancus

Hi
I am doing a Cinquecento 1108cc engine swap for a 1242cc 8 valve Punto 60 engine. i was just wondering if the gearbox on the cinquecento would fit onto the Punto 60 engine and if they are the same or if i will have to get a Punto 60 gearbox as well.

thanks
Dan

oh good thanks very much for the advice will i have to change the ECU as well

thanks for the replys much appreciated
is there anything else i need to keep an eye on when doing the swap would be helpful
thank you
dan

If i put the 75 cam in the 60 engine will it cause me problems in the future
cheers
dan

is the conversion is done from an 899 you need to change the gearbox aswell.

the top end?
dou you mean the head, or the top speed?

I ment the speed I want to make a nice sleeper and I'm wondering if this would be a good starting point or to go for a 16v 6 speed as but tht dose seem like a lot more work and hassel which could do without right now.

And dose anyone no if a1.2 cinq wud beat a1.2 corsa as tht is what my m8 drives and i wud love to see his face if I killed his corsa:D

I ment the speed I want to make a nice sleeper and I'm wondering if this would be a good starting point or to go for a 16v 6 speed as but that does seem like a lot more work and hassle which could do without right now.

Any fire engine into an 899 is 'hassle', so you might as well go for the 16V. Even if you put an 1108 in an 899 it would still be a modified car so best check what you can afford at the insurance shop.

And does anyone know if a 1.2 cinq would beat a 1.2 corsa as that is what my mate drives and i would love to see his face if I killed his corsa:D

Depends on which track you chose to race, the more corners the better for the Cinq, although a Corsa C weighs a lot more than a Cinq so should be OK on everything except top speed.

Cheers

SPD

Back