ELM327 interface on Bravo 1.6 1997

Currently reading:
ELM327 interface on Bravo 1.6 1997

Kapul4

Hello, I have original ELM327 bluetooth and ELM327 USB interfaces. I am trying to diagnose Fiat Bravo 1.6 from 1997 with Magneti Marelli IAW 1AF ECU.I connected the ELM327 interface with brand new 3pin to OBDII adapter to the car. I was trying to diagnose it with multiple softwares like Multiecuscan,they connect to the interface but all of them give me the same or similar error after that:Unable to connect to ECU but sometimes if I select the particular protocol error is "Bus_init_failed".
After a lot of searching I found out that this ECU model only supports KKL VagCOM and OBDKey 1.40 interfaces. Is it somehow possible to "emulate" those interfaces via ELM327? Also I didn't say that I tried many Android apps and they also give me similar error,but one particular(OliviaDrive) did connect after I randomly selected a protocol but after connection it said "0 0 1 NO DATA".Thanks for your answer in advance.

Hello, I have original ELM327 bluetooth and ELM327 USB interfaces. I am trying to diagnose Fiat Bravo 1.6 from 1997 with Magneti Marelli IAW 1AF ECU.I connected the ELM327 interface with brand new 3pin to OBDII adapter to the car. I was trying to diagnose it with multiple softwares like Multiecuscan,they connect to the interface but all of them give me the same or similar error after that:Unable to connect to ECU but sometimes if I select the particular protocol error is "Bus_init_failed".
After a lot of searching I found out that this ECU model only supports KKL VagCOM and OBDKey 1.40 interfaces. Is it somehow possible to "emulate" those interfaces via ELM327? Also I didn't say that I tried many Android apps and they also give me similar error,but one particular(OliviaDrive) did connect after I randomly selected a protocol but after connection it said "0 0 1 NO DATA".Thanks for your answer in advance.

Hi, and welcome, :)

it does indeed seem that before 1999 the unit can be read by KKL only,
ELM connectivity is AFTER 1999 ( the bravo 100)

member Neverth may well know the answer to this..

Charlie

Thanks for the answer, but does ELM has some backwards compatibility? Also, my friend has Autocom Delphi diagnostics and its interface,and my ECU is officially supported and he can select it from the menu,but it also says that it is unable to connect to ECU.

ELM emulates known protocols with common commands (see ELM command manual).
You send command to it via serial and it translates that command into the selected protocol, then recives response and translates it back to serial stream.
KKL is direct serial interface so it does not care about protocols at all so diagnostics (MES/FES) just bitbangs the ECU connection (software driver).

Ok thanks for the answer, but why Delphi DS150 doesn't recognize the ECU? It is listed as supported and I can select it in the software.

Back