Technical ELM327 Bluetooth and Yellow Cable?

Currently reading:
Technical ELM327 Bluetooth and Yellow Cable?

offnote

Hi,
I'm testing MultiEcuScan and connection is fine for the engine module with ELM327 OBD2 bluetooth interface but for dashboard or body modules program asks to connect Yellow cable? what is it, where to buy it and how can I connect it to bluetooth interface :) can it be done without this extra cable? thanks

Hi,
I'm testing MultiEcuScan and connection is fine for the engine module with ELM327 OBD2 bluetooth interface but for dashboard or body modules program asks to connect Yellow cable? what is it, where to buy it and how can I connect it to bluetooth interface :) can it be done without this extra cable? thanks
Should be OK, it basically changes the pins that it connects to, so it connects to the lower speed can network
Search ebay for yellow obd fiat

but I need to get new ELM327 cable version right?
Don't see why? Thats just the chipset - and ultimately the BT dongle (or any dongle/adapter) you have connects to pins X and Y for power, and A and B for CAN BUS. The cable simply changes the A/B pins to a different bus. Don't see why the type of adapter you have makes any difference
see https://www.multiecuscan.net/SupportedVehiclesList.aspx
OBDAdapter3.png

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Back