Styling Eleganza Wheel Refurb

Currently reading:
Styling Eleganza Wheel Refurb

calumsthomson

Hi all,

I'm currently looking into having my wheels refurbished, however I'm a bit worried that the plastic centre caps will be in a different colour, and the place I want to use wants to charge £15 each wheel to paint the caps to match.

Has anyone else been in a similar situation? What did you do?

Thanks!

I am soon going to be doing the same thing on the alloys on the 100hp and I was just going to buy some centre caps from ebay.

Mine have gone pink so they need replacing.

I am soon going to be doing the same thing on the alloys on the 100hp and I was just going to buy some centre caps from ebay.

Mine have gone pink so they need replacing.

It's not the logo caps (which do soon fade) but on the 14" wheels the centre cap is plastic. £15 a pop to paint them is crazy.

Is the paint on the caps in good condition? -If so, ask them to match the cap colour for the wheels.
If not, you could ask how much to paint the caps if you remove the badges and clean them yourself. That way they only have to prep the surface and spray them. No masking needed.

Either way you can get replacement badges to freshen up the caps (red or blue) from a few places reasonably cheaply (although best to stay away from the "printed 3D" ones... they aren't too good).

Last edited:
Back