Technical electric sunroof stuck

Currently reading:
Technical electric sunroof stuck

bonjen3

My electric sunroof is stuck in the full open position which is a complete pain as it is raining cats and dogs here at the moment. The switch is faulty , I have removed it and am awaiting arrival of a replacement part. Is there any way I can force it shut manually?

If the switch is faulty you can bridge the wires to get it to close, how many wires on the switch ? & have you got a test lamp or Multimeter ?

Andy

If the switch is faulty you can bridge the wires to get it to close, how many wires on the switch ? & have you got a test lamp or Multimeter ?

Andy

Andy, thats way over my head, however my dad has more of a clue than me. He has a meter reader, (dont ask me what type though as I'm clueless, but he was a tv engineer) I've bought a replacement switch on e bay but I cant post a link as I'm a new member to this forum

Thank you Andy, my Dad is hoping to come and have a look tomorrow at some point. Meanwhile I'll see if boilermansab is indeed correct and have another look for a lever

Hurray!!!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't find a lever but there was a hole, so I jammed a chisel up it and turned it.... low and behold the sunroof started to close ! thanks a lot! I can get out and about tomorrow with the kids, even if it rains!

Under one of the plastic covers there should be a T key clipped to the back of it,this is to manually wind closed the sunroof incase of electrical failure.it goes in a slot in the motors. My switched also failled because the sunroofs leak, a common problem which can be sprted by looking at the how to at the top of the forum page.

Back