Off Topic editing of posts

Currently reading:
Off Topic editing of posts

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcevs72

i want to gauge peoples opinions about the editing of our posts by certain admin.i have been told this is a family site but sorry we are all adults that are of legal age to drive and if you are a child you shouldnt really be joining a car forum.
i had a post edited and changed because i used the word d*ckhead in it and was told that was swearing...it was not a word aimed at the topic poster just a comment about some advice he had been given by some supposed fiat mechanic.
so what do people think is it ok for admin to change our posts if they want without telling us first as i think that means they can control the forum (which is meant to be open ) in the wrong way.
plus come on is d*ickhead really swearing????

Sorry but the forum does have a gaming area which some members, who have children like to let them play games via the forum, theres also all the photos and pictures that members children will no doubt want to have a look at

Its natural for children to be nosy and navigate elsewhere if left on their own and bored if the forum is left on at home

Also i saw your post, and i dont think there was any need to be swearing in it in the first place, you could've worded it a lot more better than you did in all honesty and as it turned out the mechanic could potentially be correct as a later poster after yourself pointed out, so it was an ill advised comment as well

Last edited:
god this is a car forum not a childs gaming area...if you cant say things like that when thesse kids that are on here probably say a lot worse at home then sod it im off as not being edited all the time.im a grown man not a child that needs telling off(n)

you got a PM about why, which is clear - total unnecessary use of said word. the rules state profanity is not acceptable behaviour and it also states that we reserve the rights to edit/delete any post.

Can't see what has got your back up about this tbh, content of your post is still there just without a profanity.

https://www.fiatforum.com/rules.html

god this is a car forum not a childs gaming area...if you cant say things like that when thesse kids that are on here probably say a lot worse at home then sod it im off as not being edited all the time.im a grown man not a child that needs telling off(n)

Then as a grown man you should be aware of the forum rules.

You will not post any message that is obscene, vulgar, sexually explicit, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

You may not think "d**khead" fits into this category but many do and to be honest you should respect that.

how do you remove accounts as not interested in a car forum thats for children,im a grown man and sorry but most kids swear more and worse than us adults on here and also editing posts without prior warning stinks as can be changed to whatever the admin want.

I agree with the trend. At least it was just a minor edit I know many forums that will just out right ban you.

how do you remove accounts as not interested in a car forum thats for children,im a grown man and sorry but most kids swear more and worse than us adults on here and also editing posts without prior warning stinks as can be changed to whatever the admin want.

Accounts are not removed. It leaves holes all over the forum.
If your not happy then either stop shedding your skin so it gets thicker or leave.

The rules are there when you sign up, the rules might be different on other car forums but everyone has to abide by the rules set up on here and youve done 50 posts so you should be more than aware of the rules

Certainly not spit the dummy out and start a thread if not happy with one measly edit, which probably wont go down well either

Maybe you shouldve PMed the mod in question with your concerns instead?

As a grown man and not a 16/17 year old maybe you should also realise that language like that isnt acceptable in the public domain anyway be it out in public or on here

how do you remove accounts as not interested in a car forum thats for children,im a grown man

I am sorry, accounts can't be removed.

If you feel that you are above the rules and don't wish to frequent this forum again, then all you need to do is basically NOT login. This will fulfil your very requirements.

It is a sad state of affairs when you feel this is the correct way to go about the situation. This thread won't do yourself any favours in any case.

Good luck in whatever you decide to do :)

i started this post to see what other people think.i am not happy with the fact that i cant remove my details from this forum as well.that is never stated when you join the forum is it.great to know my details are being held when i want them removed.

i started this post to see what other people think.

No what i think you expected was everyone to agree, bring down the mods from within, have sweeping changes and be labelled a hero or even a martyr

Instead what you got was no-one agreeing with you and have the forum veterans take you to school with regards forum etiquette and you've spat the dummy out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back