Stilo ecu throttle pedal engine management abs fault

Currently reading:
Stilo ecu throttle pedal engine management abs fault

dlostilo

hi guys im new feel weird troubling you guys but.....

Hi guys im new to this forum however im not new to my 2003 1.6 active 3 door stilo.

Ive had the car a few years and aa expected there's been a few repairs however now shes been in the garage for loss of acceleration power. When I started her up there was no power I left her a while started her again and she drove fine. The engine light was on though.

My new mechanic initially said it was an ecu problem
then said it was the throttle pedal. He got a second hand part and when I picked her up the same problem occurs but the abs light comes on and sometimes there is no electricity going to the heaters stereo as well as no power until I turn her off and on again.

Has anyone had any similar experience or is anybody able to shed some light on the matter?

Last edited:
Re: hi guys im new feel weird troubling you guys but.....

Hi,
as you'll no doubt know the Stilo have odd problems like this.,
ask around in the Stilo section , somebody will have come across this I'm sure,
don't forget to look in the "stickys" at the top of Stilo section,
Charlie

Re: hi guys im new feel weird troubling you guys but.....

Hi guys im new to this forum however im not new to my 2003 1.6 active 3 door stilo.

Ive had the car a few years and aa expected there's been a few repairs however now shes been in the garage for loss of acceleration power. When I started her up there was no power I left her a while started her again and she drove fine. The engine light was on though.

My new mechanic initially said it was an ecu problem
then said it was the throttle pedal. He got a second hand part and when I picked her up the same problem occurs but the abs light comes on and sometimes there is no electricity going to the heaters stereo as well as no power until I turn her off and on again.

Has anyone had any similar experience or is anybody able to shed some light on the matter?

hi DLO,
is it an ABS or ASR warning?

have a read through this thread https://www.fiatforum.com/stilo/337288-stilo-p1687-p1220.html let us know if the symptoms are the same...

it could be electrical feeds, throttle failure or worst case is an ECU.

theres been a spaight of the ECUs failing recently, mine included, ideally we want to eliminate EVERYTHING else first before condemning it.

by the way, welcome to the forum, we'll sort you out and get her running right again!

Back