Technical ecu programme causing black smoke

Currently reading:
Technical ecu programme causing black smoke

case

have a 07 140 multijet since new recently it started blowing black smoke and loosing power and going into safe mode and giving readins on the dash display risk of filter blocking/antipollution filter fault
Took it to the main dealer and was told it was the egr but they couldnt be sure took it to a local mechanic and found that the particulate filter was blocked completly so we blew it clean cleared the faults i drove it for a couple of days still blowing black smoke a week later took apart exhaust to find filter covered in sutt again so i returned to mechanic and after a few tests have come to the conclusion that the ecu is giving the fuel injectors too much open time letting too much diesel trough and causing the black smoke
can you reprogramme the ecu or does it need to be replaced

garage removed the DPF and blew it clean using a compressor i know fiat use a programme where they heat the dpf and run the van at different revs to burn out any excess
we have had it on a computer and it showed that the injectors are staying open atleast twice as long if not 3 times too long
also i have had the egr blanked with a few days and this has made no difference
and as regards warranty it is out since the end of september but i am currently checking out where i legally stand on this matter

no they removed the filter from the van and blew trough it from the each end util they could see light coming trough as regards sensor fault the dash is now giving me a warning about the antipollution filter been faulty but i am putting it down to the fact that the egr is disconnected

Back