ECU Problems

Currently reading:
ECU Problems

J

Jono

For the last week or so my bravo has been very sluggish when first acclerating after changing gears. This is only normally on 2nd and 3rd gear.

The ECU light flashed on and off thrusday night so today i reset the ECU as detailed on Bravo Guide website.

However i ve now done about 20-30 miles since the ECU reset and the problem still exists. More worringly the ECU light seems to be flashing on and off a lot more

In April of this year i had probs with the ECU and it turned out i needed a new coil pack, any idea's what it could be this time or how to correct it?

Your help is much appreciated

Thanks

Jono

20-30 miles isnt really long enough for it to learn the new settings...

...but i fear if the light is flashing, you probably have a problem that cannot be fixed with a simple reset. :(

Daz

Only problem is it will cost me about £50 just so fiat can tell me whats wrong!

I don't think its the coil pack again as the syptoms aren't really the same, however would the previous work have come with 12 months warranty from fiat? If so is there any possibilty that the warranty may cover any other ECU problems!

forget that.
you'd be better off getting the fault code(s) read off, its the only way to be certain.

OK, the list of possible things wrong is quite big then. :(

Does it start and idle ok?

When EXACTLY does the light flash? ie when you press the throttle, when you lift the throttle, when its idling etc..

When i start the engine up and first move off everything is ok, its just when i put it into 2nd or 3rd gear the problems start. Its mostly at the bottom end of each of the gears.

For example driving home a while ago and was in 3rd and as i approached a hill it started being sluggish and seemed like i was taping the accelerator therefore making the car jerk quite a lot. The ECU light came on so i put it into 2nd even though i was still doing about 30mph and after a few seconds the light went off.

My guess would be its the fly by wire throttle, probably best if you get a diagnostic done on it.

Going to book it in at Fiat tomorrow so will let you know what it is

Thanks for your help Tom

Best of luck, the fly-by-wire is bastardingly complex. :(

All in the name of emissions and MPG really.

Wheels

Jono, havent got your E-mail Address at home, send it to me and I will send you the pics of my 17's!!

DAN.

dodgey idling

ive got a bravo 1.6 sx 16v,when i start the engine it ticks over ok with the automatic choke on but when the automatic choke comes off then it revs low(900)rpm n then it revs really high till about (3500-4000) rpm,when i put in gear n lift the clutch up its ok but then when i put the clutch back down it revs high again,any ideas to what the problem could be??thanx