Technical ECU match

Currently reading:
Technical ECU match

Far72

Hello everyone,

I have a Stilo Abarth Selespeed from 2006 and i am having hardtime with alot of errors which lead to a malfunctioning ECU. so i have decided to change my ECU. i have found one brand new one (virgin) but i wonder if it would fit on my car since some of the numbers do match and some other do not. both ECUs are suitable for stilo abrath...
i would appreciate if there are some experts with knowledge who wants to help me with this.

my Car ECU: Bosch

first line: 1039S00403
Second line 0261206655
third line: 38531 12v
forth line: 00551848930
fifth line: ME31F002

new ECU: Bosch

first line: 1039S000205
Second line 0261206655
third line: 28710 12v
forth line: 00551823810
fifth line: ME31F002

thanks in advance,
best regards,

There is no selespeed version in 2006. Are you sure?

Second line "0261206655" is hardware version so your ecus are the same. You just need to flash it with correct version of software and put it into your car. You need immo off or clone eeprom with m7eeprom tool and it will work. I made clone copy of my ecu to spare with m7eeprom tool for eeprom and with kess for flash.

Your ecu is Bosch ME31.F002 (similar to ME7.3.1) with 95040 eeprom and hybrid board. You can reed and write eeprom with kkl interface in boot mode (pin 20 must be grunded). You can read and write flash with kess and other tools in obd mode. If you clone eeprom than you don't need to do immo off. It is little bit tricky to do immo off and I didn't find solution (there is solution but...). I just remove my old ecu, put it on my table, connect wires of my kkl to ecu and read data. After that I connect second ecu and write that data to new ecu, put into my car and it worked.

You can use tool and manual that is attached in my post.

One month ago I sell my Abarth and buy Alfa 159 2.4 so I think that I will no visit forum like before

Attachments

• Stilo-abarth.zip
    314.1 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
Hi,
thank you for your reply. my car is from May 2006 and yes it has a automatic transmission.

i do have a mini programmer which i used to program the immo on the Body control unit (by the way the eeprom on the bodycontrolunit on my car is 95160WP) but i have never worked before with kess, i ordered a kess-programming tool but it take a few weeks until i receive it i guess.

do you know if i can use this m7eeprom tool you posted to read my immo from old ecu (with obd cable connected to car) and write to new ecu using the same way,

otherwise if ecu disconnected, can i use a (ELM 327 cable connected through pc to m7eeprom) with a external 12v battery? do you have a better pin connection scheme before i fry the ecu's!
i was thinking to use the external 12v battery to connect to 0 and 12 volt connections but dont know which Kline should i use (which pin on the OBD connector).

thank you again for information.
cheers

Back