Technical eCoDrive - Uconnect system

Currently reading:
Technical eCoDrive - Uconnect system

Steve Silver

Hi all.

I am the proud owner of a 500L 1.6 Multijet - Lounge :)

I was just wondering, has anyone managed to get eCoDrive data to download to USB successfully? It seems hit and miss for me, I have tried different USB drives (8Gb and 16Gb), but not having much luck!

When I format the USB from the desktop application and place it in the car, I get a message that data has been downloaded to USB when I turn the engine off for the first time. However, I never see that message again and when I try to check for data several days later, I find it has not been downloading to USB.

Am I doing something wrong? With Blue & Me on my old Punto, I just left it and every month or so, would download the data to my PC with no issue.

Any help greatly appreciated, Steve

Hi Steve and welcome to the forum :)
For the start-did you format your usb properly?It needs to be in format FAT32...It can not be bigger than 64gB so your size is not the problem.
Other thing,is yout uconnect device set to turn off at the same time as you turn the ignition key off?Mine isn't,I do it mannually and every time I get the message "data transfer to usb complete" (or something simmilar) and only then do I turn device off...
Last thing-be patient when transfering data to your computer.Sometime it takes me an hour or so to transfer all the data (after a month of driving)...
Hope that some of this helps.If not-go to dealer to check for some update or any trouble with your device...

Thanks Acikota, some good advice, much appreciated!

I format the drive as FAT32, and I also use it for my Mp3 collection so Uconnect seems to recognise it OK..

With regards to automatic switch off, I do that manually but must admit, I am not waiting for the message about transfer to USB. However, I have only seen that message a couple of times and thought I would have seen it at petrol stations when I leave the radio on?

Anyway, I will do as you suggested and let you know how I get on :)

Thanks, Steve

Hi Acikota, Unfortunately, I have tried waiting before I turn off the radio but never get the message that it's downloaded to USB...

It looks like a trip to the dealer as you say to see if there is an update. I looked online on the drive uconnect website but when I check for system updates, I get a message "Sorry... Encountered an Application Error" so I am not sure if it is available for the UK market?

Thanks for your advice :) Steve

Sorry to hear that none of the above solved your problem.Waiting for you to tell us what did the dealer say.

Back