Ebays feedback

Currently reading:
Ebays feedback

EBay said problems were occurring, and slowing down trade

yes.... well they cant expect to rake in thousands every day, just because they have a simple program running on a few servers :bang::bang:

they OWE the customers (both sellers and buyers) some sort of service.

absolutely stupid, just wait untill their business goes downhill, serve them right if it happened

only sellers will be unable to leave negative feedback, since a seller cant check a buyer's feedback before a buyer bids it makes no difference at all, yet it will stop revenge negative from sellers so its a good thing.

Last edited:
only sellers will be unable to leave negative feedback, since a seller cant check a buyer's feedback before a buyer bids it makes no difference at all, yet it will stop revenge negative from sellers so its a good thing.

Why is that good. What if you got an Item for sale and the so called 'buyer' decides not to pay or even contact you. Doesn't that deserve a negative feedback?.

no it doesnt deserve negative feedback because that negative fedback will have no bearing on the buyer's ablity to do the same thing again next time. sellers do not choose who bids on their auction, so giving buyers any feedback at all is pointless. the only time anyone can use feedback is when a buyer is checking out a seller. in that case all that matters is the feedback they have got as a seller, so even in that situaiton any feedback as a buyer is useless. sellers shouldnt be able to leave any feedback at all, what benefit is there if they do?

Last edited:
there is already a system in place that protects sellers, if someone doesnt pay you dont have to pay your fees. when you report as unpaid item ebay knows about it, their systems flag up persistent offenders and then they are banned.

damn it get yourself in your loft and find some old crap, there is someone out there looking for it and they're willing to pay. in the past you had to go to a car boot sale to make money out of crap, now you can do it from home, technology is marvellous.

damn it get yourself in your loft and find some old crap, there is someone out there looking for it and they're willing to pay. in the past you had to go to a car boot sale to make money out of crap, now you can do it from home, technology is marvellous.

lol I know what your saying. Got some stuff I need to flog actually :eek:. Laptop, CRT monitor, LCD monitor, Saracen Mountain Bike, Fiat Punto 100w Subwoofer and the list goes on.

Jug has a point.

i buy quite a lot on ebay and do a bit of selling. i had 100% feedback yet theres been a couple of times i havent left feedback for sellers as i wasnt satisfied with the goods, knowing that if i left negative, i'd lose my 100% feedback in retaliation.

The other week i got one of those booster packs to start cars with dead batteries. utter sh*te - it could barely turn the engine over on my 1.2, let alone start it! so i left negative. low and behold, he retaliated with negative and now i dont have 100% anymore, even though i paid immediatly and did everything that was expected of a buyer - it was HIS pos item, so why do i deserve a negative? :mad:

bring on the change i say. If your a good legit seller, you should have nothing to worry about.

Last edited:
I think Ebay should make sellers leave feedback as soon as the buyer has made the payment (give them 1 day).

Coz they really have nothing to do from there on. thats what annoys me about it the way that people wait to see what you write about them when u have already done all you can.

I personally have 100% but i always have to leave feedback first and i know ill get bad feedback if i left ppl bad feedback.

I think Ebay should make sellers leave feedback as soon as the buyer has made the payment (give them 1 day).

Bloody good idea!

Or it should be set up so you can't see what feedback the other person has left until you've done the same and visa versa!

I had someone sell me a bad item and left -ve and he done the same bad out of vengence which was anoying!

Originally Posted by j1ppers

do not completely agree, feedback is to report how the whole transaction went. An example, i sold my top spec panasonic S-VHS recorder a few years ago, guy won it, then asked me as he had just bought the model below from currys, would i be interested in a px............. I declined as I hadnt used my VCR for months. after receiving the VCR, first he said my machine was excellent, then faulty............. so i paid for it to be sent back to me, he had stuffed the tape compartment full of polystyrene chippings, and that was what jammed the mechanism. When i told him of this, he said it was how I had packed it, even though I had packed it by sealing the machine in a thick polythene bag (2mm thick, what we use to store litho negs in at work), then packed it exclusively with large cell bubble wrap. He was adamant that I had packed it with polychips (they are banned at work, where I packed it btw) and complained to ebay! Luckily I had photographs of how I had packed it (always do with delicate items), I sent ebay copies of all communications,and they dropped the compalint against me. I was so p***ed off with htis individual, i bent over backwards for him, and refunded him, I then relisted the machine and sold it hassle free.
I did not leave feedback for the guy, although I should have done (neutral at best), but to say I should automatically give him a positive feedback automatically is wrong. I was well within my rights to post it back to him, and reclaim the postage I had given him to send it back to me .......
My belief is that feedback should be based on how the whole transaction went, and not just because someone was quick to type www.paypal.co.uk...........

Incidentally, although ebay is about to reduce it's listing fees, the commision is going up significantly in a few weeks. Ebay is an excellent site, but as it has no real rivals (yahoo auctions closed in summer 2002), it can impose what it likes, and although we can complain, it falls on deaf ears.

Sorry, gonna go against this one completely...I can see no advantage to this at all :mad:

My f/b rating...

Feedback Score: 1845
Positive Feedback: 99.9%

Members who left a positive: 1846
Members who left a negative: 1

All positive Feedback: 2714

The one neg that I received, was from a rival seller, I bent over backwards for a while to please her...but had no chance, she was buying to neg me, cos I had 100% she didn't and my stuff was selling, hers wasn't.

I was not the only seller she done this too, and if I hadn't have negged her back, she would have caught a few more sellers out, it gave them time to cancel bids and block the fake account...ebay had all the evidence they needed to see that she was purchasing to neg (against policy) and done sod all :mad:

See it as just another nail in ebays coffin, the Q&A forum on ebay were pleading with the ebay pinks to sort all this rubbish and abuse out 4 years ago...they done nothing and let it spiral, almost out of control. They have been the death of the smaller seller....hope they hang themselves tbh :)

Last edited:
Back