General ebay FIAT PUNTO SUPERCHARGER

Currently reading:
General ebay FIAT PUNTO SUPERCHARGER

Loving that article, heheh... 1000 amp current draw... and to think I'd brushed past one of those auctions before and thought it may be worth investigating :eek:

Crikey that looks interesting. Shame about the whole 'recharge' thing though.

yep it's crap crap crap crap. you would be better off having a good curry stick a hose up your bum and fart when you need the power on the 1/4 mile.

if u have a 1.2 6 valve punto - nothing is going to make it fast.

Great, so now they supposed to 8v? Last time i buy a car from these guys:

0,,1293982_1,00.jpg

I have always wondered if it would be possible to make a constant-pressure electric intake compressor. It seems that the weakness of both turbochargers and superchargers is that your engine has to be turning quickly already to get the effect. A constant-pressure turbo should give extra grunt for pulling away and better driveability.

I have not seen an example of this being well executed yet though. Just a pipedream for now.

oh dear me, those things are getting worse :D

"dyno proven" as well, "UP TO 65,000 rpm" :ROFLMAO:

-MikeSalt, a constant-rpm electric supercharger would loose boost as the revs got higher, which might be great in some ways but not in others :(

a positive displacement supercharger keeps the airflow-to-rpm ratio constant, meaning that you are always on boost, from idle to the rev limiter. Therefore, you have the bottom end grunt AND the top end power, even if the top end is sapped a little by the supercharger itself.

Last edited:
Back