East Yorkshire (Goole area)

Currently reading:
East Yorkshire (Goole area)

thats the one its been damaged in the storm no advanced warning that it was broken...

had just seen ukrw and i assume he got sent round the houses by the midget woman PCSO who was hiding behind the pedestrian island.... so you couldnt tell till you was on top of her.... oh wait that sounds wrong dont it :devil:

No not yet, always a few cars parked outside Yorkshire Waters now though so. Things are slowly getting back to normal!

I was just about to say, I might take a trip to Goole to witness the caos but Selby is much the same, they keep threatening to close the bridges over the river. I live near the Ouse so will be the first to be moved, so I'll give you a heads up.
I bet Bubwith was interesting :p

I was just about to say, I might take a trip to Goole to witness the caos but Selby is much the same, they keep threatening to close the bridges over the river. I live near the Ouse so will be the first to be moved, so I'll give you a heads up.
I bet Bubwith was interesting :p

Hope you manage to stay dry hun i can remember selby last time it flooded (n) :hug:

where about in selby you live Barlby? one of my work mates backs right onto the river :eek:

Bubwith had 3mm of rain on friday! next to sod all (i have a mate who is a farmer at Fogathorpe)

edit just searched this:

http://www.environment-agency.gov.uk/homeandleisure/floods/34678.aspx?page=1&type=Town&term=selby

Last edited:
Hope you manage to stay dry hun i can remember selby last time it flooded (n) :hug:

where about in selby you live Barlby? one of my work mates backs right onto the river :eek:

Bubwith had 3mm of rain on friday! next to sod all (i have a mate who is a farmer at Fogathorpe)

edit just searched this:

http://www.environment-agency.gov.uk/homeandleisure/floods/34678.aspx?page=1&type=Town&term=selby

Yeh we've been fine, But it absolutely wellied it down about 5 this arvo.
If you know where back road from Selby to Wistow near readers garage, Near there. We have a dyke thing at the entrance to our culdisack (I like to think of it as a fort without a drawbridge) and they open that when the waters get too high so our houses flood before the town does... NOT FAIR!!!

anyways, my friend works at Goole tesco on nights so sometimes head over to bully him whilst he's working so if I'm ever over there it's usually nightime.

Goole back to normal then?

Yeh we've been fine, But it absolutely wellied it down about 5 this arvo.
If you know where back road from Selby to Wistow near readers garage, Near there. We have a dyke thing at the entrance to our culdisack (I like to think of it as a fort without a drawbridge) and they open that when the waters get too high so our houses flood before the town does... NOT FAIR!!!

anyways, my friend works at Goole tesco on nights so sometimes head over to bully him whilst he's working so if I'm ever over there it's usually nightime.

Goole back to normal then?

Off Millgate?

Your mate work in the Goole store or the distribution centre?

Just got back from Selby (been to halfords for some Mountain bike gloves since my old ones have a slight decompsing smell about them :yuck: )

Its Rained here most of the day but as you say got really heavy as i got home from work.

Goole is as Normal as Goole can be although they are still pratting about with the pumping station and sewage works...

they have put pipes across the road down "westfield banks" to back up the failed pumping station which i came across last night trying to bike off a few pounds :eek:

7544873608_c4a1c89b52_b.jpg

Last edited:
Yeh down that way.
The store, stacking shelves.
And my sister works at Halfords. But only mornings. :D I gets discount.

As normal as Goole can be :p ha.
yeh it's worst thing about this weather, I jog and I've been confined to the treadmill in garage for last 2 weeks.

Yeh down that way.
The store, stacking shelves.
And my sister works at Halfords. But only mornings. :D I gets discount.

As normal as Goole can be :p ha.
yeh it's worst thing about this weather, I jog and I've been confined to the treadmill in garage for last 2 weeks.

He will probably know my Supervisors wife (Marie Colgan) I get discount too i have a trade card ;) but worth knowing :devil:

Cant do jogging it knackers my knees :( Cant you hook the tredmill up and power the house :idea:

He will probably know my Supervisors wife (Marie Colgan) I get discount too i have a trade card ;) but worth knowing :devil:

Cant do jogging it knackers my knees :( Cant you hook the tredmill up and power the house :idea:

Your in the trade? Which trade may this be?
I have trade too but swap between them as depends what your buying to which works out best lol.

I'll ask my mate (dan) if he knows her. Small world :)

Your in the trade? Which trade may this be?
I have trade too but swap between them as depends what your buying to which works out best lol.

I'll ask my mate (dan) if he knows her. Small world :)

Well if you call working for a small Timber company a trade then yes lol I do a fair bit of mechanicy type repairs to our small fleet (read 1 lorry 1 company car and all the forklift trucks got a large industrial diesel engine to rebuild when i get given time and a fuel pump to fit (time again) :bang: ) that coupled with a small bit of health and safety and general production work....

Well if you call working for a small Timber company a trade then yes lol I do a fair bit of mechanicy type repairs to our small fleet (read 1 lorry 1 company car and all the forklift trucks got a large industrial diesel engine to rebuild when i get given time and a fuel pump to fit (time again) :bang: ) that coupled with a small bit of health and safety and general production work....

Still... better than retail :eek::((n):cry:

Sainsbury's (or sainsbugs as it is known to... well only me really)
and you wonder why I hate retail :p

To be fair it's usually to old people making life difficult for me at work, moaning about the stupidest things :bang:

"This tin of beans has gone up 5p from last week AND ITS ALL YOUR FAULT" :devil:

Least our MD allows me to impart our very special brand of customer relations "thats the price if you dont like it f**k off somewhere else" (it works a charm) :devil:

Back