Tuning Dynoed the Uno. 452hp / 504nm

Currently reading:
Tuning Dynoed the Uno. 452hp / 504nm

cerveza

Dynoed my Uno last week.

Results was 452hp at 1,8 kilos of boost on regular pumpgas.

Stock Fiat croma internals with a lancia delta 16v head, ported by me.
8 fuel injectors, 4/360cc and 4/410cc

The new Emerald K6 ecu rules :)
Had some problems with intake and exhaust leakage så the turbo spoolup sucked, but thats fixed now :)

Attachments

• 090.jpg
    090.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 220
Got any pictures of the engine or your modifcations? What transmission/hubs do you use, etc?

yes i do, heres a 8 weeks old picture took when i was prepering her for the dyno, Sorry for the bad quality :/

I use the Lancia Delta HPE transmissin and driveshafts and standard uno turbo hubs.

the Head

Engine mods.

Standard Croma block from 1989 without balanceshafts.
O rings, standard pistons from a croma turbo, standard rods, 16v head from a delta, ported by me, 16v tipo camshafts.

Helix clutch, Emerald K6 ecu, 8 fuel injectors, 5 bar mapsensor. runs on regular pumpgas.
Standard intake and exhaust manifold, Holset HX40 turbocharger.

Mvh Mattias

It just shows how strong the standard internals are, i purchased wossner forged pistons for mine because i was advised, i bet you have a lot of fun on the way home playing with people who will start by laughing at you, then inevitably crying when you fill there lungs with your optimax vapours, ha ha well done!!! Ant!

Mattias, you have definatly proved your point on how strong and powerfull the 8valve engine is (y) Who needs 16 valves with this kind of GRUNT,,,

Well done

Not meaning to make u look thick but he has stated that he has a 16 Valve Lancia Delta Cylinder head fitted to the croma block.

Dan

wooohaaaa! now THIS is what im talking about!

Cerveza, what make of turbo are you using and what is the specification?

I'm currently putting a croma turbo engine into my uno and will be running the integrale 8v management.

Ive got a spare head i want to modify but struggling to find which cams to run etc? Im hoping for at least 300bhp.

im guessing stock internals will be fine for this?

Dunc

wooohaaaa! now THIS is what im talking about!

Cerveza, what make of turbo are you using and what is the specification?

I'm currently putting a croma turbo engine into my uno and will be running the integrale 8v management.

Ive got a spare head i want to modify but struggling to find which cams to run etc? Im hoping for at least 300bhp.

im guessing stock internals will be fine for this?

Dunc

Hi Dunc. glad you liked it :)

Im using a Holset Hx 40 turbocharger from a lorry.
Karl Patton and Dave Walker at Emerald have put the trigger pattern from Fiat and Lancia in the new K6 version. I insisted haha :slayer:

Use the standard camshafts from a N/A engine, my old 8v lump ran over 400hp at 1,9 kilos of boost with N/A camshaft.

your stock internals will be fine :), just do a check on the engine, bearings etc etc

Im hoping to smash the 520hp next dyno time with the N/A camshafts :slayer:

Best regards Mattias

Hi Dunc. glad you liked it :)

Im using a Holset Hx 40 turbocharger from a lorry.
Karl Patton and Dave Walker at Emerald have put the trigger pattern from Fiat and Lancia in the new K6 version. I insisted haha :slayer:

Use the standard camshafts from a N/A engine, my old 8v lump ran over 400hp at 1,9 kilos of boost with N/A camshaft.

your stock internals will be fine :), just do a check on the engine, bearings etc etc

Im hoping to smash the 520hp next dyno time with the N/A camshafts :slayer:

Best regards Mattias

i'm keeping mine 8v, so 400bhp would be more than enough LOL!

wow! on n/a cams? From which model did u use the n/a 8v Twincam cams? Any reason for using the n/a ones?

What manifold did you use?
what special headgasket?
what boost controller did you use?
am i right in thinking 1.9 kilos of boost is 27psi?
i want to get as much info on your engine as possible!
I shall be running a Garrett GT3040r Roller bearing turbo capable of up to 550bhp+ so im guessing my turbo will be ok?

I NEED BIG power lol

Thanks in advance

Dunc

Hi Dunc.

The n/a camshafts have a little more duration and lift then the turbo cams.
When i build race engines i always use catcams camshafts, But Piper, kent are really good also.

I use stock manifold on both 8v and 16v, but im building a new one right now, will post picture of it when its ready to go under the bonnet :)
I use standard headgasket but i´ve put o rings in the block.
For right now im not using any boost controller, just a bleed valve, but the Emerald ecu have outputs to controll the boostcurve.
1,9kg of boost is about 27psi, i´v been up to about 34psi on stock internals, never broken a piston or rod.
When using the gt3040 roller bearing turbo on the 8v engine, make sure to get the antisurge cover, ore else it will probably surge over 21psi of boost.
Otherwise the turbo choise is a good one.

Best regards Mattias

i'm keeping mine 8v, so 400bhp would be more than enough LOL!

wow! on n/a cams? From which model did u use the n/a 8v Twincam cams? Any reason for using the n/a ones?

What manifold did you use?
what special headgasket?
what boost controller did you use?
am i right in thinking 1.9 kilos of boost is 27psi?
i want to get as much info on your engine as possible!
I shall be running a Garrett GT3040r Roller bearing turbo capable of up to 550bhp+ so im guessing my turbo will be ok?

I NEED BIG power lol

Thanks in advance

Dunc

thanks for your reply!

I shall look out for a set of the n/a cams then, failing that i shall fit a set of high lift piper cams.

So, basicly, with my stock internals, stock lancia manifold, stock rods etc, stock crank, stock fiat/lancia headgasket, GT3040r turbo, running about 25psi (approx) with a bleed valve on the lancia delta 2.0 8v management i should see over 300bhp easily? especially if i fit piper cams?

and then if i fit emerald ecu i should be heading to 400bhp with the correct mapping?

Also, what exhaust are you running? what bore size is it?

i can't belive the power these engine make!

Dunc

thanks for your reply!

I shall look out for a set of the n/a cams then, failing that i shall fit a set of high lift piper cams.

So, basicly, with my stock internals, stock lancia manifold, stock rods etc, stock crank, stock fiat/lancia headgasket, GT3040r turbo, running about 25psi (approx) with a bleed valve on the lancia delta 2.0 8v management i should see over 300bhp easily? especially if i fit piper cams?

and then if i fit emerald ecu i should be heading to 400bhp with the correct mapping?

Also, what exhaust are you running? what bore size is it?

i can't belive the power these engine make!

Dunc

At 25psi you will probably see 350bhp+ on a standard engine with na camshafts.
im running a 76mm (3 inch) from the turbocharger all the way back, with only one muffler att the end.

Got my new turbocharger today

Who Says Size Doesn´t Matter :D

Back