Technical Dynamo Fan Housing

Currently reading:
Technical Dynamo Fan Housing

USA Paul

Greetings all. I have a 1959 Jolly 500N with a generator (AKA dynamo). I need a new fan shroud. They tell me the ones for dynamos are no longer made and my only option is used. Anyone have experience converting a new alternator shroud to dynamo interface?
We are fabricators.

Is there something wrong with the existing one or is it just missing?
Most people would just go for a good used original. That Jolly looks like a great find 😀
I have got a few bits here.
IMG_2945.jpegIMG_2946.jpegIMG_2944.jpegIMG_2943.jpeg

Original had a mouse living in it and was rusted thru. I would take a good used one if no rust. Parts are scarce here in the US. Where are you located?

I am in the UK about 30 miles N/W of London. I have helped quite a few guys out with parts in the US over the years and we are frequently told about the parts supply there or lack of. The parts I showed in the pictures have all been sand blasted and powder coated. Then they were stored in my loft for years until a friend helped me retrieve them a few months ago.
I don’t think I have ever seen a fan housing that has rusted through. I would assume that you just need the front and rear sections and not the top with the air filter section.

That is correct. I had two motors and managed to salvage one top section, so I just need front and rear. I plan on visiting London at the end of September. I would be super grateful if you had those parts for me.

That should not be a problem, if you message me I can give you contact details and precise location 👍

Back