dumping Virginmedia and using Sky+HD with seperate speaker solution?

Currently reading:
dumping Virginmedia and using Sky+HD with seperate speaker solution?

yes,with the VM box
demonstrated by people all having the issue with previously working set ups that work fine with everything else

You've already said the V+ box works fine when plugged direct into your TV, so your TV and V+ box are working 100%.

Doesn't take albert einstein to figure out which device is most likely to be causing your problem and needs repair?

People blame VM and other manufacturers for their own inability to solve simple compatibility issues all the time. Pity they didn't do a little more research before purchasing.

Last edited:
You've already said the V+ box works fine when plugged direct into your TV, so your TV and V+ box are working 100%.

Doesn't take albert einstein to figure out which device is most likely to be causing your problem and needs repair?

People blame VM and other manufacturers for their own inability to solve simple compatibility issues all the time. Pity they didn't do a little more research before purchasing.

and used to work fine with the Panasonic
so whats changed?
Im not the only one who had a working HD set up and then the V box caused issue
you seem resolute that it cannot be the VM box. so everyones different set ups have developed a fault but the one constant cannot be at fault
even when replacing the V+ box with a VM Tivo fixes it?

again you tout the 'research' line
your sanctimonious tone lends no weight to your argument
how do you research a fault that doesn't exist when you are buying?

and used to work fine with the Panasonic
so whats changed?

I'll say it again, obviously failed to land on anything solid the first time.

"You've already said the V+ box works fine when plugged direct into your TV, so your TV and V+ box are working 100%.

Doesn't take albert einstein to figure out which device is most likely to be causing your problem and needs repair"

Im not the only one who had a working HD set up and then the V box caused issue

"People blame VM and other manufacturers for their own inability to solve simple compatibility issues all the time. Pity they didn't do a little more research before purchasing"

you seem resolute that it cannot be the VM box.

"You've already said the V+ box works fine when plugged direct into your TV, so your TV and V+ box are working 100%.

Doesn't take albert einstein to figure out which device is most likely to be causing your problem and needs repair"

so everyones different set ups have developed a fault but the one constant cannot be at fault
even when replacing the V+ box with a VM Tivo fixes it?

You base this on what evidence? I've been a member of 2 Audiophile clubs for over 20 years and your the only one who insists its VM's fault that their setup isn't working properly.

again you tout the 'research' line
your sanctimonious tone lends no weight to your argument
how do you research a fault that doesn't exist when you are buying?

"Only an idiot would try?

Research compatible devices before purchasing and there will be no faults"

Your sanctimonious tone lends plenty of weight to your stupidity. Enough said me thinks.

Last edited:

I'm not trying to be condescending when I say you're wrong. My technical expert-ease leads me to believe that just because the V-box outputs audio&video in sync on one port (i.e SCART or VGA) doesn't mean it will then HAVE TO be in sync on every other port.

The HDMI port will more than likely be hosted on a daughter board with it own separate encoder/decoder chip to the main system due to the extra processing / signalling involved with HD Video & Sound.

It is most likely a software glitch in the encoding of the sound+video especially considering it varies between channels / programs etc.

Also custard is kind of backed up by the fact he's not alone by any means when encountering this issue. I thought you'd be the first one to notice the amount of forum posts etc all over the internet regarding the issue :rolleyes:.

The only valid point I've seen you raise is the HDMI cable quality which can in certain circumstances cause similar issues. Usually evident in video tearing / corruption before sound is effected. Maybe try the PS3 cable on the Vbox?

Last edited:
I'm not trying to be condescending when I say you're wrong. My technical expert-ease leads me to believe that just because the V-box outputs audio&video in sync on one port (i.e SCART or VGA) doesn't mean it will then HAVE TO be in sync on every other port.

The HDMI port will more than likely be hosted on a daughter board with it own separate encoder/decoder chip to the main system due to the extra processing / signalling involved with HD Video & Sound.

It is most likely a software glitch in the encoding of the sound+video especially considering it varies between channels / programs etc.

Also custard is kind of backed up by the fact he's not alone by any means when encountering this issue. I thought you'd be the first one to notice the amount of forum posts etc all over the internet regarding the issue :rolleyes:.

The only valid point I've seen you raise is the HDMI cable quality which can in certain circumstances cause similar issues. Usually evident in video tearing / corruption before sound is effected. Maybe try the PS3 cable on the Vbox?

Your "technical expert-ease" should also tell you if there is "a software glitch in the encoding of the sound+video especially considering it varies between channels / programs etc" it has to be in the Panasonic SC-HTR210 Home Cinema TV Stand System because custard already said "the V+ box works fine when plugged direct into the TV, so the TV and V+ box are working 100%.

Plenty of forum posts yes, and all solved without blaming VM. ;)

Last edited:
Your "technical expert-ease" should also tell you if there is "a software glitch in the encoding of the sound+video especially considering it varies between channels / programs etc" it has to be in the Panasonic SC-HTR210 Home Cinema TV Stand System because custard already said "the V+ box works fine when plugged direct into the TV, so the TV and V+ box are working 100%.

Plenty of forum posts yes, and all solved without blaming VM. ;)

did I?

I read that as it works fine when connected via scart / rf but not HDMI.

Which would show the fault lies with the HDMI encoding that is going on in the box, or the decoding that's going on with the speaker system.

Considering it was working fine, and now it isn't suggests that the software controlling either of these processes has changed. A speaker system is unlikely to receive any firmware updates automatically pushed out to it..where as a VM box is likely to be updated quite often.

Despite all this though, the fault could still be with the speaker system.. it could be that the VM box was outputting a 'not quite' standard HDMI signal and the speaker system wasn't expecting a totally 'standard' signal. Since the update, the VM box could now be outputting a totally standard signal.. which technically is correct.. but the speaker box can't handle the standard signal.. so cocks up.

It's all irrelevant though really, as it wasn't work - and that was that, and now he has Sky HD - happy days!

Back