Technical Ducato

Currently reading:
Technical Ducato

tjjames

Flat spot whilst pressing accelerator ? When changing up the gears and pressing the accelerator pedal there seams to be a flat spot or the feel as if the engine is about to cut out then the power comes straight back and that happens all through the gears is there anything I can look at theres no management light showing whilst driving my van is a 2ltre hrs swb 2004

Check that your egr is not blocked , I had similar problems on my still jtd when the egr what's blocked , I could be going down the road put the foot down and there would be nothing struggled to rev so I cleaned it out and blacked it off , never had the same problem

Try disconnecting the vacuum hose that fits onto the EGR (block it up with a small bolt). Mines is like that permanently now. EGRs are a pain in the butt.
If no good, it could be the throttle potentiometer playing up or a bad connection.

Could anyone tell me where to look in my engine for a throttle sensor
is thanks

Last edited:
Try disconnecting the vacuum hose that fits onto the EGR (block it up with a small bolt). Mines is like that permanently now. EGRs are a pain in the butt.
If no good, it could be the throttle potentiometer playing up or a bad connection.

hi could you tell me what throttle potentioner is and where my 2007 van playing up egr valve is ok i been told

Your Ducato is "drive by wire", so the throttle pedal just turns two potentiometers (just the same as volume controls) in a box where the throttle pedal pivots. If you follow the throttle pedal lever, you'll find it. Make sure the connections are good, first of all. There are two potentiometers for safety, in case one fails at full throttle position. You should be getting a fault display if one of them is failing bigtime, though.

Thanks the garage has my van now throttle problems and loads of white and black smoke coming out of exhaust the computer says it's a air flow meter fault

It turned out to be air flow metre again the last one only lasted 7months seams to be working now fingers crossed thanks everybody who tried to help and fiat forum

Back