Technical Ducato x250, no cruise, no speedometer odometer has stopped and the check engine light is on.

Currently reading:
Technical Ducato x250, no cruise, no speedometer odometer has stopped and the check engine light is on.

MrChevy

drove to a shopping center, was away for maybe 40minutes, got back to the car and drove approximately 500meter and suddenly the abs lights went on so I stopped and turned the engine off and started it again, but now the check engine light are on, I have no speedometer no odometer (it doesent move) no cruise and the outer temperature meter goes blank, ( it works if the ignition is on but the engine is off)
I checked all the fuses, I even tried to see if there ia any error codes but my obd reader can’t connect “no connection”..
Any suggestions or anyone who has dealed with this before?
I also tried to find a repair book for this car but…
Hope someone here can help me

Welcome,

Based on my knowledge of the earlier x244, I am thinking that a faulty oil vapour heater could have caused fuse F11 to blow.

May I suggest that you recheck fuse F11 in the Engine Bay Fusebox, function should be shown as Injection Secondary Services, or similar.

You have not stated which engine you have. Please do so, as it will help others to assist you.

To locate the oil vapour heater, first locate the air filter outlet pipe. There will be a smaller about 30mm diameter pipe connecting into the outlet pipe via a non-return valve. Follow this pipe towards the engine block. You should find the oil vapour heater plugged into the pipe like a "T" piece. If fuse F11 has blown, unplug the heater. You should be OK without the heater until winter, so time to replace.

Forum member @Anthony489 has An X250, and may be able to help.

To help others, please post the cure for your problem.

Hi Mr Chevy.

Your symptoms suggest a problem with digital data communication (Canbus) between the ECU and other items like the instrument cluster. Cruise control will be disabled for safety if there is any kind of fault present.

I suggest you get any fault codes read by a Fiat professional dealer. If their code reader cannot communicate with the ECU, it may be a sign of partial ECU failure and the ECU will have to be repaired or replaced.

I once had a sudden ECU failure where no communication was possible to the OBD connector. Also the engine stopped while driving and would not restart. A new ECU was the only option.

Sorry I can't offer better news.

Back