Technical Ducato x250 Brake Pad Sensor Wire Cut by Dealer

Currently reading:
Technical Ducato x250 Brake Pad Sensor Wire Cut by Dealer

Tribute_650

Hi, my 2007 fiat ducato x250 has had its front brake pad sensor wire cut and tied back by the dealer, anyone know why?
I know of another van that this has been done to.

Ta
Paul

Attachments

• IMG_2438.JPG
    IMG_2438.JPG
    83.6 KB · Views: 515
Last edited:
Hi, nope the pad has a sensor wire which has been cut leaving about 2 " of wire sticking out of the pad and the plug and lead has been tied back to the body. Mine was done at the dealership in York and the other I know about has been done exactly the same by a dealership in Scotland so its something that has been "implemented" by Fiat.. but why?

if its a single wire then it will send a earth to light up the wear warning light its that simple. If it was a 2 wire and incorrect warnings were been given then I could maybe understand it but otherwise i cant see any reason for it especially any 'dodgy' reason.

EDIT..just seen your added picture, seems to me the wire has worn through/corroded and garage just tied it up insteard of fixing it (warranty wont pay for repair) but nothing strange about it.(happens alot on GP's)

Last edited:
I have posted a pic, courtesy of the other van owner, of the cut wire, which as I say is identical to mine right down to the same length of wire left on the pad. My van has just come back from having the clutch and gearbox mod done which is when this was done, I only noticed today so I will have a word with my dealer and see what they have to say about it!

Anyone else had the snip ?:rolleyes:

Paul

Last edited:
Does the length coincide with the distance to the inside of the wheelrim?

i think its a simpli matter that the new pad didnt have a wire or that the wire ends didnt fit.

Thanks chaps, These are the original pads,

Corkman I think that's it, just checked and the wire end is up against the wheel rim (Fiat alloys) which makes me think it has worn through and the dealer has tied it back as t14086 says.

I bet they have not mentioned it I bet because there is hardly any gap between the calliper and the rim and needs some re-design to stop it happening again.

I now know what a guinea pig feels like :confused:

7 recalls,
engine cover retro-fitted
screen scuttled glued to windscreen to stop electrics getting wet,
engine mountings changed
clutch changed
1st & rev gears changed
subsequently gearbox gadgets replaced to cure oil leak
now brake pad warning lead does not clear wheel rim and wears through.

thanks for your help all
Cheers
Paul

Last edited:
Hi, my 2007 fiat ducato x250 has had its front brake pad sensor wire cut and tied back by the dealer, anyone know why?
I know of another van that this has been done to.

Ta
Paul

Resurrecting an old threat....

I've just acquired a 2015 Ducato (Autotrail 615) with 3k on the clock I was concerned to find a dangling 'sensor' wire on my near side front.

Issue looks just like yours, that the cable had been severed by rubbing on the wheel's inner edge.

For for moment I've cable-tied up the wiring looming better. Next weekend I'll re-route the lead and re-connect the wire.

Obviously a flaw in the production process.

Nathan.

Last edited:
Back