Technical Ducato x250 2011 heated mirrors no rear window

Currently reading:
Technical Ducato x250 2011 heated mirrors no rear window

Hello,

Does anyone has experience with such setup on the x250?

Power + heated mirror, but no rear window(s)? Normally as I've read in the user manual (page 43):

Defrosting/demisting
(for versions/markets, where provided)
The mirrors are fitted with resistances that operate when the heated rear window is activated (by pressing the button).
IMPORTANT This function is timed and will turn off automatically after several minutes.

Will the mirror heating work if no rear window is installed?

I think I'll have to put a resistor (any ideas of the value?) in the loom to simulate the rear window heater and avoid any errors in the BCM...

I discovered lately some strange things (having a power mirror regulator on the door handle but no motors in the mirror + no loom from temperature sensor to the socket under the doorstep, but the sensor being present in the mirror) and wanting to clarify the things I got an idea, as the Ducato is quite wide, to replace the mirrors with power + folding + if possible heated. It's a nice and useful feature :)

I already have one new loom, and as I'm in parralel adding fog lights I need to buy the new warning lights panel with front fog lights switch. Before the purchase I want to confirm if I shall buy the one with rear heated window switch or the one without...

Thanks a lot :)

Last edited:
As you have the vehicle, can you remove the fuse for one side, and check the result? Does it give an alarm? If no alarm then current not monitored by BCM. See fuses F40 & F41

I have no switch and no heating elements for the moment. I can't remember if there was a test available for the heating rear window in MES. Have to check it!

I tested the front fog lights yesterday successfully with the T14 relay installed and one of the fog lights connected, definitely I have to find out which relay is responsible for the heated rear window+mirrors.

I hate eLearn logic though :D

...heated mirrors with no heated rear window is common on coachbuit Ducato conversions, for obvious reasons (no rear window). The mirrors still work through the otherwise combined switch.

I've just had a look at Multiecuscan, and the proxi-align procedure has settings to enable heated mirrors AND "heated windscreen". I'm not aware of any Ducatos fitted with a heated windscreen, so I wonder if/suspect the latter setting is actually for a heated rear window (and it thus can be disabled)?

(It wouldn't be the first misleading wording I've found in the software).

Edited to add:

that snip is for my x/290. It's also there for the facelift x/250 but I can't find the equivalent on a pre-facelift x/250, so I wonder if it isn't monitored for that?

1691050774190.png

Last edited:
Thanks @HughJampton :) I'll have a look at it ;) Which Ducato model gave you so many options in the BCM?

I will order the switch with the heating button :) perhaps it will come before the weekend :) I hope :)

I will update the thread with technical information once the setup will be installed and working :) for future reference :)

An car electrician looking at my main fusebox layout said it has a facelift installation :) he was ment to install the cruise control, but quit when realized that the engine / injection BSI is different that in diesels :D at least I got the confirmation for the BCM, which allowed me to move forward with a few things :)

Back