Technical Ducato without engine covers

Currently reading:
Technical Ducato without engine covers

FeniceFiat

Hi everyone, I have some questions, what could happen if I don't refit the cover over the engine on my 2015 Fiat Ducato 2.0 115 Multijet? Could water fall on the engine? Will the engine be louder? I was thinking of not reassembling it because every time it takes at least 15 minutes to remove the engine cover...

I don't remember exactly if my Ducato also had covers under the engine, which were probably lost when I went to the mechanic, I've been driving without these for some time now, could something happen?

Hi everyone, I have some questions, what could happen if I don't refit the cover over the engine on my 2015 Fiat Ducato 2.0 115 Multijet? Could water fall on the engine? Will the engine be louder? I was thinking of not reassembling it because every time it takes at least 15 minutes to remove the engine cover...

I don't remember exactly if my Ducato also had covers under the engine, which were probably lost when I went to the mechanic, I've been driving without these for some time now, could something happen?
Just my thoughts, nothing more.

The upper engine cover reduces engine noise. Given the problems that many have when replacing injectors and glow plugs, I would not want to do anything that may make the operation more difficult, by possibly allowing more water to reach the critical places.

My 2006 x244 has a partial under cover below the auxilliary drive belt and cambelt area. My thinking is that this cover has two purposes. A sefety role to prevent accidental contact with the auxilliary belt, when working under a running engine, and an engine protection role, to keep road debris away from the auxilliary belt and pulleys. it is possible that a damaged auxilliary belt could damage the cambelt covers and belt. A broken cambelt can wreck the engine.

Given the problems that many have when replacing injectors and glow plugs, I would not want to do anything that may make the operation more difficult, by possibly allowing more water to reach the critical places.
Communicator has nailed it
Prior to the plastic rainwater cover being added to the top of the 2.2 engine around 2009, rainwater was pooling on top of the engine so injectors were rusting in, making it a very big and expensive job if you had to get them out.

Back