Technical Ducato Motorhome Cruise control

Currently reading:
Technical Ducato Motorhome Cruise control

Wilbach

hi.
Just bought a Swift Escape 604 motorhome based on a 2020 aFiat Ducato. Cant get the cruise control to engage, I turn it on and message comes up that it is on plus the green clock. But It will not engage when I push stalk up. Also cant change the limited speed from 20mph to 30

hi.
Just bought a Swift Escape 604 motorhome based on a 2020 aFiat Ducato. Cant get the cruise control to engage, I turn it on and message comes up that it is on plus the green clock. But It will not engage when I push stalk up. Also cant change the limited speed from 20mph to 30
Hi :)
Its more modern than I have used..But mine have only worked above 30mph

I think the functions on the Ducato work from 30kmh (and equivalent in mph).

On Ducatos I've had, none of them have been particularly positive in use. When adjusting, instead of just flicking the stalk up or down, hold it against the stop for a second or two. (If you test this using limiter, and hold for longer, the dashboard display should indicate if the stalk is working).

(and, in my experience, suspending and re-engaging the limiter seems to work fine, doing the same for cruise control seems to set a value nearly, but not exactly, the same as previous)

My Ducato (manufactured December 2020) speed limiter works at 20mph
I find the speed limiter useful, but you have to set it manually.
Apparently the latest model has a feature that reads the road signs and sets the speed limiter for you!
(I don't use the cruise control in England as I find the roads too congested to maintain an even speed.)

Back