Technical Ducato MAP sensor 2.3 Euro 6 X290. What is the process to reach it to remove it?

Currently reading:
Technical Ducato MAP sensor 2.3 Euro 6 X290. What is the process to reach it to remove it?

Fredastaire

With various Fault codes showing Ive ordered a new MAP sensor as part of my things to change. I can see the top of the connector plug underneath the throttle body. The question is how to reach it. Can I remove the throttle body from the top to enable access to the MAP or do I have to remove all the front end grills / slam panel first?

I will answer my own question.
You need nimble dextrous hands and a mirror (besides the tools).
Undo the jubilee and pull the intercooler pipe off the throttle body. Use the mirror and work out where the 3 hex skt screws are, undo and ease off the throttle body, tuck out of way still with wiring connected.
Use mirror to view the MAP and it’s single torx self tapper, undo and remove screw. Wiggle the MAP vertical out of its hole, jiggle it forwards to reach the connector and disconnect.
Given the fiddly detail of this job of removing the MAP from a diabolical position I would not bother with attempting a cleaning job, the OE part is Bosch with a retail of £32 on eBay.

Back