Technical ducato fuel sender fuse

Currently reading:
Technical ducato fuel sender fuse

brownmnb

I have a failed fuel gauge on my ducato motorhome and have been told it could be the fuse,can anybody advise where the fuse is normally positioned,I cannot locate!

I have just fixed my fuel gauge,(Frankia motorhome Ducato 230, from 2002)) which was fluctuating up and down, sometimes it would have the fuel warning light on when I knew I had plenty of fuel in the tank, it was very irritating.
The sender is a small white (about 2 inch) plastic box, looks a bit like a relay. Its located under the fuses in the glove box on the passenger side (mines a left hand drive, so I don't know whether that makes any difference). You can't get at the sender or the relays from above, so you need to remove the lower part of the dashboard housing, on mine it was 5 crosshead screws, 3 on the bottom and 2 inside the glove box. It came down very easily. You can now see the relays, there is also a fuse too. The white sender unit for the fuel gauge is not located directly by the relays, but is about 6 inches to the left, it has a multiplug connected into it, take the plug out and plug it back in.I did this and its now working perfectly, the first time since I bought the van.

I live in Germany, and I know people here who have told me they have to do this every once in a while if the fuel gauge starts playing up.

I also had a problem with my indicators not flashing, so whilst I had the dash down, I cleaned up the terminals on the blue indicator relay with a bit of emery cloth and they too are now working perfectly again. Hope this might be of some use, anyway best of luck.

I have a failed fuel gauge on my ducato motorhome and have been told it could be the fuse,can anybody advise where the fuse is normally positioned,I cannot locate!

Hi, and welcome,
only just seen your post..,
You'll get a better response posting under DUCATO,
and stating the model/ year of your Ducato, ; - }

Charlie 1988 2.5 D

Back