Technical Ducato fuel filter

Currently reading:
Technical Ducato fuel filter

tinymartin

Screenshot_20230329_182453_eBay.jpg

Can anyone tell me what the plug on top is for? Is it for sensing water in the fuel? I have intermittent check fuel filter warning and triangle on dash. I've changed the filter but the light comes on now and again. Is it possible that the filter housing itself is fault ie is it a built in sensor?

From deduction rather than knowledge, the two larger wires (red & black) will be for the fuel heater. The three smaller wires suggest the water in fuel sensor, which use three wires in the previously fitted UFI (green) filter. However that filter had a futher two wires for the fuel temperature sensor.

From deduction rather than knowledge, the two larger wires (red & black) will be for the fuel heater. The three smaller wires suggest the water in fuel sensor, which use three wires in the previously fitted UFI (green) filter. However that filter had a futher two wires for the fuel temperature sensor.
It looks like the filter on my 2017 ducato. It has both a temperature sensor and water in fuel sensor.

Back