Technical Ducato code 0101,0111 black smoke

Currently reading:
Technical Ducato code 0101,0111 black smoke

Chaussonsweet

Hi all FIAT experts on this forum

I have a 2012 Fiat Ducato multijet 2.3 130hp
(Campervan) with only 41500km running that give faulty codes and randomly smokes when accelerate, gearing up. Engine light comes on at orange.

I get fault code 0101 air temp circuit and 0111 Maf meter on my OBD reader stored repeatly.

I have changed both the MAF and the air temperature unit to new ones.

The strange thing is that i randomly gets readings from the MAF and temp sensor as seen in the OBD engine live status but next time starting the engine i get no readings from neither nor of them?. I get full 12,9 volt feeding the MAF when turning the starter key to "on" and the earthconnection is also okey there.

When resetting the faulty codes i can start the campervan two times without the engine light comes on but on the third try it lights up.

Ive read that fuse 35 could be the fuse fore the MAF and also Reverse light?, do not know if correct tough?. In any case positive on bulb for reverse only gives about 8,7v reading, earth is ok in the bulb. Connection cable feeding the switch on gearbox gives full 12,9v and if i disconnect switch it does not matter regards to engine light. Cleaned intake, throttle body and EGR as well by the way. There where carbon build up in mainly intake and passings throttle body to intake elbow.

Disconnected all connectors and checked for water humidity including the two large on the ECU but all seems okay.

Does anybody have a clue what the culprit is?.
Bad earth or bad ECU?.

Last edited:
IMG_20230630_201315.jpg
IMG_20230630_200728.jpg

Back