Technical Ducato Auto Box Failure After 1 Mile

Currently reading:
Technical Ducato Auto Box Failure After 1 Mile

We collected an Autotrail Expedition 68 camper van on Saturday, over the moon, we drove it the 1mile to my parents house to show it off.

When we started to van to drive home, the engine starts fine, but despite the gear lever moving, and the display showing R & D as expected, we had a CEL come up & a message telling up to check gearbox, it also would not drive in fwd or reverse gears. The next time we tried it would drive, but we didn't, then it wouldn't, then it would (you get the picture)

We managed to drive it onto the back of the recovery vehicle, all CEL & warnings still present.

As you can imagine we are distraught, out £60k camper is now stranded in the FIAT dealer awaiting a diagnostic (hopefully tomorrow)

I suspect it's a sensor or a switch somewhere, hopefully nothing serious, has anybody else here experience similar.

b8ba12fe-71c4-4e0b-a6e7-691e70b2af66.jpg

Commiserations, what bad luck with a new van :(

The new ZF gearbox gets lots of praise but co-incidentally Katerina has just posted about a problem with hers in the following thread.

It might well be that, as this transmission is generally reliable, mechanics may have not much practice at fault-finding :unsure:

Back