Technical Ducato Aircon Technical Help

Currently reading:
Technical Ducato Aircon Technical Help

rossedin

Hi All,

I'm looking to retrofit aircon into my 2009 2.2 Ducato and have sourced all the parts from a breakers. I know it'll a huge job but since it's in a camper I think it's worthwhile.
I've been looking at all the parts and wiring diagrams and i'm comfortable where all the mechanical parts go but I'm a bit confused on the wiring.
I've located the connector in the engine bay for the pressure sensor and the compressor. In the engine fusebox I can see a relay is meant to go in position T05 but the pins arent there, I'll need to move the pins from another empty socket. As far as I can work out all the fuses are already in place for the current heating.

As the attached picture there is an "air conditioner control unit" H080. I can see that H081 is the control dials unit but I'm confused on where H080 is installed. From the breakers I have the heater matrix, control dials, pipes, compressor, condensor and engine fan. I'm wondering if I also need this unit H080. Does anyone have any idea what it looks like and where it might be located?

Attachments

• X250 Manual Climate Control.jpg
    X250 Manual Climate Control.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 180
I never use my air con because
1) my journeys aren't long enough to give it time to work - being retired and in a camper van I'm always stopping to look at the view or whatever
2) I have wind deflectors on the windows (about £25 and 5 mins to fit) so I can have them open when driving without rain or draughts getting in

As the attached picture there is an "air conditioner control unit" H080. I can see that H081 is the control dials unit but I'm confused on where H080 is installed. From the breakers I have the heater matrix, control dials, pipes, compressor, condensor and engine fan. I'm wondering if I also need this unit H080. Does anyone have any idea what it looks like and where it might be located?
H80 on Fiat wiring diagrams generally refers to the control unit for vehicles equipped with automatic air conditioning. Item 4 in the diagram below.

Attachments

• Ducato Auto CC.JPG
    Ducato Auto CC.JPG
    87.5 KB · Views: 32
Thank you, I've discovered the connector is on the bottom of the air con control selector. My van doesnt have the connector for this so I'm going to take the heater harness from the scrap van and hopefully I'll have everything else needed

Back