General Dualogic Sudden Brake

Currently reading:
General Dualogic Sudden Brake

hnuman

Hi,

I bought Fiat 500L 1.3 MJetII Dualogic for my wife and I m really happy with it.. Now I gave my VW Golf to her and I m driving 500L... :)

But I m living an uncomfortable issue, may be Golf DSG is really perfect but;

when I go with first gear in a traffic jam, before breaking, I m relasing gas pedal and car starts to swim with its current speed. When RPM goes lower(may be under 1000RPM), car starts pushing itself with low speed which is normal again. But with that condition, when I slowly touch brake pedal, car suddenly stops like an emergency brake...

I tried one thing, when I switch gear to N mode before stop point, I can slowly stop.

Service says this is normal but very annoying. I feel like an amateur.. That happens only in 1st gear... Is that really normal??

I can say I m an expert on semi automatics( my old cars are Toyota Corolla MM(semi auto),GOLF DSG(perfert semi), Fiat 500 dualogic, Honda Civic (full auto)) Toyota's gear was the worst but issue makes this car very uncomfortable if you are living in a city like Istanbul which the home of "stop-start-stop" gods...

Thanks for your time...

Service says this behaviour is engine compression + 1 to N gear change movement and it is normal... I believe they dont understand it and dont want to struggle for this issue. That can be a problem only in Istanbul, Rome under high traffic condition. May be I can talk with FIAT Turkey and they can send an engineer.. Thanks for the replies...

Service says this behaviour is engine compression + 1 to N gear change movement and it is normal... I believe they dont understand it and dont want to struggle for this issue. That can be a problem only in Istanbul, Rome under high traffic condition. May be I can talk with FIAT Turkey and they can send an engineer.. Thanks for the replies...

Certainly if you are dissatisfied with the dealer response escalate it to FIAT themselves - that is the route I would take for sure.

Good luck and please don't forget to post back the outcome as it could assist other forum members.

Thanks.:)

Last week I went to a very small tiny FIAT service near to my house, big services really did not understand the problem or they did not want to work for an unknown issue. I found a real techician, his dress was painted with engine oil...

He drive the car and see that there is a real problem.He said that can be a design issue not a problem but should be corrected. He called FIAT factory in Turkey and talked with one of his trainer. Trainer accepted that, there is a general problem with the brake pedal's pressure adjustment and told they are working on that problem. People are not complaining in small cities but issues are in Istanbul, Ankara, etc.. Then we agreed to wait for one month for an offical solution. If that will not happen, he will request a permission to modify my cars brake pressue. The pedal will start pressing with smaller bars and more sensitive. It simply starts braking with 90 bar but should be lower than that. (number is just an example not the real value).. I will update again, hope that helps...

Last edited:
Back