Technical Dualogic Placement?

Currently reading:
Technical Dualogic Placement?

Abarthskie

Maybe you call me stupid, but i'm very interested in a automatic car. I drive a '08 Abarth with Manual C510. After reading a lot about the gearboxes, and saw that the dualogic is a 'plug-in' kit, i came up with the folowing question.

Is it posible to make it a automatic with the Dualogic parts?

The steering wheel (with lovely paddle shifters) can be found easily but the rest? Has somebody more information for me?

Thanks

Maybe you call me stupid, but i'm very interested in a automatic car. I drive a '08 Abarth with Manual C510. After reading a lot about the gearboxes, and saw that the dualogic is a 'plug-in' kit, i came up with the folowing question.

Is it posible to make it a automatic with the Dualogic parts?

The steering wheel (with lovely paddle shifters) can be found easily but the rest? Has somebody more information for me?

Thanks
Anything is possible, BUT it is absolutely not worth adding dualogic bits and trying to make a dualogic out of a Manual Abarth. Absolutely 100% not worth it and will cost you far far far far far far too much to do.

No automatics under new-price over here (n)

The earlier A500c came with a dualogic and paddles as standard. New A500c model in manual is cheaper by £1K. What puts some off some A500 drivers on the hunt for a secondhand A500c is the limited availability of the manual so that's good for you.

The official bhp figure for the A500c is 140 whilst the standard A500 is 135. Plus it has a slghtly softer suspension setup and for some it's preferable.

Would agree with the previous posters that it would not be worthwhile doing a conversion. In North America they plan bringing out a dualogic A500 but it will not be an Abarth but will be a 'Sport model' and its power will be reduced from the multi-air 160bhp form to 130bhp.

A current day A500c will have a better power to weight ratio.

Last edited:
The earlier A500c came with a dualogic and paddles as standard. New A500c model in manual is cheaper by £1K. What puts some off some A500 drivers on the hunt for a secondhand A500c is the limited availability of the manual so that's good for you.

The official bhp figure for the A500c is 140 whilst the standard A500 is 135. Plus it has a slghtly softer suspension setup and for some it's preferable.

Would agree with the previous posters that it would not be worthwhile doing a conversion. In North America they plan bringing out a dualogic A500 but it will not be an Abarth but will be a 'Sport model' and its power will be reduced from the multi-air 160bhp form to 130bhp.

A current day A500c will have a better power to weight ratio.

Well what i mean is, all the second-hand Abarth 500 with Dualogic are going from 24.000 where mine's about 16.500 over here. So its not posible to sell and buy a 500c.

I think it's a great idea :) I love Dualogic on my 500.

Then again I also wanted to convert my Alfa Spider to a Selespeed. I eventually convinced myself that it was going to be an expensive project, both in parts and in loss of resale value.

-Alex

What where the costs you had to make?

Well what i mean is, all the second-hand Abarth 500 with Dualogic are going from 24.000 where mine's about 16.500 over here. So its not posible to sell and buy a 500c.

In December 2011 Fiat Ireland were selling off a A500c and a A500 esseese both 2010. The A500c sold for €20K and the A500SS supposedly sold for €16K (which was over priced IMHO). On the basis of this I reckon the price differential is around €5K and given the price of cars here it couldn't be more expensive over there.

Since Europe is all LHD could you import a A500c with the dualogic and sell your own for €16K. That should work out a lot cheaper than trying to convert a manual A500 to a dualogic A500.

Aside from that it would be a change to the registration details on the car and from an insurance viewpoint it's a significant modification and would need an Engineer to give it their 'seal of approval'. IMHO it would hamper re-sale.

One of the biggest drawbacks of the 695 model (a tin top) is that it only comes with dualogic although it has supposedly be 'fine tuned' by Ferrari to make it a little better.

All depends upon the insurer. It's not a major structural change, but I know what you mean.
When I looked at using 15x155/60 as a cheaper set of winter tyres as opposed to the 155/55 Aviva looked for a tyre expert or an engineer to state that it was ok to use. Funnily for the A500 guys using 15s they're using 175/55. They probably justify on the grounds that a proper set of chains can be fitted.
If the OP had a medical condition that needed an auto shift I wonder if that would make it easier if you could justify it on € terms.:idea:

Back