General dualogic gearbox problems

Currently reading:
General dualogic gearbox problems

Lyndaloo

I have a Qubo Mylife Multijet 1248cc 13 plate with dualogic gearbox. The problem is that it will now only move in 1st gear and when increasing speed it slips out of 2nd, it won't go in reverse either. This happens whether I try to use it in the fully auto mode or select gears myself. I've been told it needs a new gearbox, the quote far exceeding the value of the car. Has anyone else had this sort of problem?

I have a Qubo Mylife Multijet 1248cc 13 plate with dualogic gearbox. The problem is that it will now only move in 1st gear and when increasing speed it slips out of 2nd, it won't go in reverse either. This happens whether I try to use it in the fully auto mode or select gears myself. I've been told it needs a new gearbox, the quote far exceeding the value of the car. Has anyone else had this sort of problem?

Hi :)

The basics of a duologic are:

A manual gearbox ( panda ..punto )

A manual clutch ( panda..punto )

But.. there is a ROBOT that works the clutch and changes the gears ;)

If it pulls away ok in 1st and reverse its not the clutch

Try in manual nudging it from 1st to 3rd once driving.. that will rule out..or confirm a 2nd gear failure ;)

Let us know what you find

Charlie

Hi :)

The basics of a duologic are:

A manual gearbox ( panda ..punto )

A manual clutch ( panda..punto )

But.. there is a ROBOT that works the clutch and changes the gears ;)

If it pulls away ok in 1st and reverse its not the clutch

Try in manual nudging it from 1st to 3rd once driving.. that will rule out..or confirm a 2nd gear failure ;)

Let us know what you find

Charlie

It won't go in reverse at all. It wouldn't move in 1st when selected manually either.

So.. who told you it needs a new gearbox..?

That doesnt sound like your problem.

Tell us more of your history with this Qubo..
Years..miles.. work done

It all helps us visualise what could be wrong.

The garage it was towed to used some sort of diagnostic equipment, then told me it needed the gearbox replacing.

I bought the car in 2017, it was an ex-motability vehicle and had less than 4000 miles on the clock. It's now done just under 26000.

Serviced annually with no particular issues. Had been driving perfectly shortly beforehand, no unusual sounds when it changed gear or any other issues.

Back