General Drops on outside of Windscreen

Currently reading:
General Drops on outside of Windscreen

Creekmoorchris

Hi all.

Playing with the new to me 2009 Qubo. The wipers seemed to leave contact with the windscreen just in front of drivers eyes. A little inconvenient to say the least. I bought some new wiper blades. Passengers side is perfect.

Drivers side still leaves a bunch of drops on the screen. See the picture and have circled the area.

? Could it be the wiper arms need to be bent in a bit?
? Could it be the wiper arms is in the wrong place on the spindle?

Any other ideas please. Many thanks.

Attachments

• 7A272571-948F-4F31-97C3-46B3EFB4467A.jpeg
    7A272571-948F-4F31-97C3-46B3EFB4467A.jpeg
    806.9 KB · Views: 62
Hi all.

Playing with the new to me 2009 Qubo. The wipers seemed to leave contact with the windscreen just in front of drivers eyes. A little inconvenient to say the least. I bought some new wiper blades. Passengers side is perfect.

Drivers side still leaves a bunch of drops on the screen. See the picture and have circled the area.

? Could it be the wiper arms need to be bent in a bit?
? Could it be the wiper arms is in the wrong place on the spindle?

Any other ideas please. Many thanks.
Don't know what it's like with you down there in Dorset - nice part of the country, lucky you living there - but up here in Edinburgh it was a white frosty morning with windscreens needing scraped. If very cold, wipers can stop "articulating" and fail to change shape which might produce the problem you have. If this is not the case then check the tension of the arm - just pulling it up and judging what it feels like should give an idea - if it doesn't seem to be pressing the blade against the screen properly it might be the spring, it might be the pivot corroded so negating some of the spring's effort and in that case you might gain a little by bending the arm and lubing the pivot but a new arm is probably the best option. I'm assuming that as the blade is new it's pivot points are free moving (if it's not one of the new "flexi" blades). Good luck. Do let us know how it pans out.

Don't know what it's like with you down there in Dorset - nice part of the country, lucky you living there - but up here in Edinburgh it was a white frosty morning with windscreens needing scraped. If very cold, wipers can stop "articulating" and fail to change shape which might produce the problem you have. If this is not the case then check the tension of the arm - just pulling it up and judging what it feels like should give an idea - if it doesn't seem to be pressing the blade against the screen properly it might be the spring, it might be the pivot corroded so negating some of the spring's effort and in that case you might gain a little by bending the arm and lubing the pivot but a new arm is probably the best option. I'm assuming that as the blade is new it's pivot points are free moving (if it's not one of the new "flexi" blades). Good luck. Do let us know how it pans out.
Perhaps also make sure the windscreen is thoroughly degreased.

Last edited:
So tomorrow will be a clean the front window well and then lube the arm and last resort bend it a little nearer the screen, bit by bit. Will let you know what happens. Thanks.

I will have a feel on the springs tomorrow. But it’s strange that it just misses that one bit. With the help on here, it will be sorted. Thanks.

It was part of the wiper assembly under the front grill panel. Part off eBay , £99. Fitted and all works well. A common problem apparently.
M thanks for your help.

Back