Driviing instructor - GP130 or Panda multijet?

Currently reading:
Driviing instructor - GP130 or Panda multijet?

Dougiebob

I can't make up my mind. Do i teach learners in a Grande Punto 130 sport or a panda multijet?

Hmmmm.......common sense says the Panda, but i've driven the 130 and i'm finding it hard to talk myself out of it. Maybe once i've driven the Panda multijet i'll change my mind. The dealer says he could get me a new Pada diesel for £7038 which is very tempting.

Unless you want the car to break down during lessons then go for the Panda :D

there is someone on here already who uses a GP130 Sporting for driving lessons, he cant praise it enough it would seem, hes even modified it :p

GP130 mate, the multijet on the panda due to its small size needs some serious booting to get the turbo to spool. plus the GP would be a fuller size of car. personally i would take the larger car, better engine and dosent make you feel as tiny on the road.

Both of the last two comments are exactly the problem with the 130. On one hand when i'm not teaching the 130 would be a more suitable car but the thought of those lovely alloys grinding along a kerb sends shivers up my spine. Am i right in thinking the GP has a 5* crash test rating where as the Panda is only a 3*.

could you not buy some cheap wheels to throw on, while people are learning, and then keep the Sporting wheels for trackdays etc?

as far as i kno thats what the other bloke did, but the alloys he chose wernt that cheap :confused:

I supose if i managed to negotiate the price down a bit i could put the money towards steel wheels or cheapish alloys. If i put 16" steel wheels on what size of tyres would i need? and i don't like the thought of no spare wheel either.

id gladly swap my steelies for your alloys on the grande punto and a bit of money!!!!

he has to use the car as his own car also...

we all have to make sacrifices for our careers, yes his will be a big sacrifice, but i never told him to be a driving instructor so dont blame me :p

besides i dont think many customers will accept "its at the dealers again so we cant have your lesson/test today".

Very hard choice mate. I love my 130 to bits (or should i say 170 now :devil: ) but if im honest i would not like to be learning in it. With all the other stuff thats been spoken about aside i think there could be a practical issue. I struggle to see out of the rear quarter when i look round and that makes it awfully difficult to judge reversing, especially round corners etc. Just a thought.

Rich

well, we cant make the decision for you, just on a note as i had to reset my test and took a few refresher lessons. just make sure you can actually feel the clutch and not need to guess like in flipin ford fistas.

Back