Technical Drivers Window Noise - Solution

Currently reading:
Technical Drivers Window Noise - Solution

RobHowdle

Hi there!

I wanted to post this hear (sorry if it is in the wrong place!) since this forum helped me a lot fix my 2018 Tipo. I have a 2017 Diesel Tipo Estate that I bought as a run around car whilst I fixed my 2018. One thing I noticed was that there was a few issues that the seller didn't let me know about which certainly reflected in the cheap price. One of them being when the window is wound up, it made a loud Chewbacca sound. A whiny groaning noise, not very nice at all. Very hot/ cold temperatures seemed to make it worse. I'm currently getting ready to sell this car so I'm fixing all of these issues with it. When taking the inner door panel off, I found the culprit almost instantly. There is a small nut that I assume goes onto a bolt that possibly helps the window go up and down straight. This had come off and after a few tests, putting this back on fixed the issue straight away. Nice easy fix for a very annoying issue! I've attached some pictures of the nut and bolt in question in the hopes that if somebody else is having this issue it can save them plenty of time!

Hope this helps somebody.
Rob

Attachments

• IMG_6550.JPG
    IMG_6550.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 108
  • IMG_6551.JPG
    IMG_6551.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 84
Back