Technical Drivers Side Sliding Door Not Locking

Currently reading:
Technical Drivers Side Sliding Door Not Locking

Rototype

Hi All,

Just bought a 63 plate Doblo Eleganza 1.6 MultiJet and overall I'm quite pleased with her, looks quiet sexy in the dark red metallic. (This is my 2nd Doblo, 1st is a 55 plate high top 1.9JTD Active, Ex WAV - soon to be for sale with 157K on the clock and quite a few spares if anyone's interested...)

I have a couple of issues with the newer one. (Older one mostly OK but I think she's developed a sticky injector - I'll post for that separately)

1: Odometer flashes - I've read that this can be something minor or something more major (ie ££££ expensive) - other symptoms are the Bluetooth doesn't seem to be functional and the start/stop doesn't seem to want to operate. When I picked the car up it had a virtually flat battery (so flat it wouldn't start), I presume caused by it sitting for a while and only short trips to and from the 'compound' where they stored the cars. Tried the hazard light fix but this didn't work so plan to try the battery disconnection method next (at the weekend so I can leave it overnight). If this does turn out to be the Expensive issue (module behind the radio) am I better just to ditch the original audio system and fit an aftemarket one with better functionality or won't this cure the problem. One post I saw mentioned something about a sync issue that Fiat needed to sort out.

2: (this one's more urgent) - Driver side passenger sliding door won't lock. There's no method I can find of locking this manually and no matter what I try it doesn't want to lock, either with the fob or by locking from the drivers handle inside. I've checked the array of spring contacts and as far as I can see they seem to be making contact OK and are still fairly springy so I'm down to a dodgy wire or a dodgy actuator - does anyone know if these fail often? How difficult are they to replace? (if they 're anything like the barn door locks on the 55 plate * I'll need to turn into a contortionist!)

3: Start/Stop non functional - not sure if this is related to 1: or whether the battery just hasn't fully charged yet (staklled it a couple of times when I was manouvering it during the test drive and it restarted so I know it was working). Stalled it today and saw a message flash up but it was too quick for me to read it. (was more concerned with not hitting anything). It's now had over 300 miles since I got it on 2 fairly long runs and a few 35 mile work runs - does it need more charging? Should I put the charger on it when I disconnect it to get some more charge in there to make sure? TBH I'm not that fussed about it but it'd be nice to have it working for if I ever have to sell it. (and with fuel prices at the moment every little helps) - could this be a Fuse?

4: No Spare Wheel - Yes, I know they didn't come with one but apparently the Tecnico and SX models did and apparently the Vauxhall Combo D (same thing) also came with them. Does anyone have any idea if Fiat would sell me the carrier and if so at what sort of extortion?

* found an easy way to fix the end screw on the lock if it comes loose - you know, that one that you can't get at - mark carefully on the metal above it and drill an 8-10mm hole through - it's covered by the back door iner panel so doesn't show, this way you can get a normal screwdriver/allen key ** in there and get it nice and tight. Did this a couple of weeks ago and it's worked perfectly ever since.
** don't use a ball end one - with the torque it'll snap off, ask me how I know...

Many Thanks
Rototype

Just found what I saw for 1: above and it's called a Proxy Alignment - anyone know how much this costs and if it'll work? (assuming the battery method doesn't)

Just found a strange thing. was looking ito the drivers side passenger sliding door not locking, took off teh connector, checked contacts etc.. tehn I noticed that where the tapered pin located the door there was something amiss.
Looked on the other side and there was a plastic insert on that side that was missing on the side that wasn't locking. Popped it out of the passenger side and slipped it into the drivers side and tried the lock and Hey Presto it all worked! All doors now locking and all that was missing was a small plastic plug to align the door correctly.
5 mins on the 3D cad and 1/2 hour on the printer and I had a replacement on the passenger side as well.

I'll attach it here in case anyone else needs it. (Zipped as it wouldn't let me attach an STL)

In other news I've pretty much figured out that it's the Blue & Me module that's at fault with the 'flashing mileage', I have MES now so as soon as I get the adaptors made up to talk to the BCM I'll lock that out and unplug it - it's causing battery drain that I'm finding unacceptable. I'll send the unit for repair anyways ready for if I need to sell it but I can't see me needing it as I don't use that type of device in the car. (it also doesn't inspire me with confidence knowing that it's running Windows CE - I thought that died out with all the other Y2K bugs). - last question, does anyone know where it actually IS in the car? I've heard it may be behind the stereo and in other threads they talk about it being under the drivers seat. I know in a 500 it's in a really awkward place, I'd just rather not have to strip the car apart to find it.

Attachments

• Doblo 263 Rear Door Locating Socket-Body.zip
    14.1 KB · Views: 71
Back