Technical DRIVER SIDE PASSENGER WINDOW SWICTH NOT WORKING!

Currently reading:
Technical DRIVER SIDE PASSENGER WINDOW SWICTH NOT WORKING!

ACF24

Hi there looking for some help.

My driver side switch for the passenger window has stopped working. The switch on the passenger side still works but not on the driver side. Does anyone have any ideas on how I could fix this?

Thanks!

Pretty common issue, probably covered in a few threads on here over the years I suspect. Link 👀
If you are not hearing any noise at all from the window regulator mechanism then it's probably an issue with the wiring. Or a fuse? Check your handbook for fuse location/number as that's an easy thing to check first.
Next check wiring condition of the wiring loom/plug between door and body which gets strained by opening-closing the door over the years.
If that seems in good condition, take door lining off and check the connector between the loom and the controls. That's less likely IMO as it's inside the car so less exposed to wear and tear but the motor itself may have failed. If there's nothing obviously wrong with the wiring then grab a multimeter and test if you're getting 12v to the motor.

Pretty common issue, probably covered in a few threads on here over the years I suspect. Link 👀
If you are not hearing any noise at all from the window regulator mechanism then it's probably an issue with the wiring. Or a fuse? Check your handbook for fuse location/number as that's an easy thing to check first.
Next check wiring condition of the wiring loom/plug between door and body which gets strained by opening-closing the door over the years.
If that seems in good condition, take door lining off and check the connector between the loom and the controls. That's less likely IMO as it's inside the car so less exposed to wear and tear but the motor itself may have failed. If there's nothing obviously wrong with the wiring then grab a multimeter and test if you're getting 12v to the motor.
Brilliant thank you very much. I'll go through all these options and try diagnose the problem.

Back