Drive by scuffing - Black 500S

Currently reading:
Drive by scuffing - Black 500S

DBunX

Hi,

Last night some tealeaf thought it would be great to caress my car with theirs whilst it was parked up outside (on a road with the others).

I cleaned off the area and took a pic last night to show the damage. Of the people I've told so far I've been advised it will 'polish out' or to give Chips Away a call and have them sort it.
This morning I looked at it again and as it was raining and the car was wet, it was actually quite hard to see, so I don't think its gone all the way down to the undercoat (except on a few scratches to its right).

A few other threads on here have had similar damage, and they mostly go to local garages for the repair which is ok, but mines a year and a half old thing on finance and I've heard some repairs have to be done by an authorised garage or it can causes issues.

TBH it looks like a fairly standard Chips Away resolution to me, but I'd like some more experienced minds to share their thoughts first.

Thanks,

David

Attachments

• IMAG2612.jpg
    IMAG2612.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 52
DBunx I had a similar experience to yours but to tbh yours looks a lot better than mine did;)

Basically what I did (until I either fish out and pay someone to sort it or have ago myself). I cleaned the area and dried off then used Scratch remover first then any semi-deep scratches on the surface, touched up with touch-up paint and an artists paint brush, let it dry then T-Cut afterward, took the residue off then used some Autoglym polishing by hand to finish it off. It will never be as perfect as it was but should mask it enough so your eye doesnt spot it every time you go to your car, should be near invisible until your next wax.;)

Only difference in your case is not to touch up said scratches with paint as it looks very minor to be bothering with that whereas mine did.
Final suggestion is the Lazy Man's method which is T-Cut then wipe off, then buff it off with polish and an Electric Buffer but don't use it too long otherwise it'll leave swirl marks on your body work! Hope that helps, other FF'rs may have some more pearls wisdom for you(y)

Back