Technical Drained 2 batteries and counting! help!

Currently reading:
Technical Drained 2 batteries and counting! help!

elmend

Hi,

The battery died 2 days ago, and the new one just drained suddenly in these 2 days, i couldn't even shut a front window! . it didn't happen as usual when it takes longer and longer for the engine to turn over, it happened suddenly.

First symptom was the injection indicator lighting up, and some time after that i stop the car and it wouldn't start, the starter wouldn't make even one turn so i know i didn't drain it by trying to start the engine.

I took it to the shop,they removed the alternator , cleaned it, tested it and it was fine( it gave a 13.48v reading, is that fine or a bit low?), then bought a new battery and it appeared to have been solved as the engine started fine.

And then today, same symptoms, injection light, battery drained, engine lagged and struggled while driving after push starting it..barely made it home.

If the alternator and starter are fine, what could be the problem? can it be an electronic issue?

Turns out the alternator wasn't really fine, they disassembled it again, found that the diode pack was bad(not sure what part or why exactly but i will test it), replaced that and then it still was doing the same thing..

They had to take it out again and this time the voltage regulator failed.
Three times they had to remove the alternator, luckily they didn't charge for the last two!

And i couldn't find the voltage regulator part so they had to put the universal one attached near the alternator, and that's how it will stay until the alternator breaks down again i guess.

Back