Currently reading:
Technical DPF Issue

Toolman52

Recently I have undertaken a project to fix a 2012 Fiat Punto 1.3D Multijet,

The issues it had:
Oil pressure - resolved with a full service
DPF - unresolved issue

1. DPF,
I have ran a diag and found the Filter Flow Resistance is 6.5hPa at idle, and the pressure sensor is 172mBar, I’m pretty sure this points to an extremely blocked DPF, the previous owner had the DPF cleaned which cost £300 but the issue still remains.

The codes I have are:
P1206-22
P2002-22

I’m not a qualified mechanic but would love to find out what the issue is, if I can fix it, or should I just replace the DPF.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Recently I have undertaken a project to fix a 2012 Fiat Punto 1.3D Multijet,

The issues it had:
Oil pressure - resolved with a full service
DPF - unresolved issue

1. DPF,
I have ran a diag and found the Filter Flow Resistance is 6.5hPa at idle, and the pressure sensor is 172mBar, I’m pretty sure this points to an extremely blocked DPF, the previous owner had the DPF cleaned which cost £300 but the issue still remains.

The codes I have are:
P1206-22
P2002-22

I’m not a qualified mechanic but would love to find out what the issue is, if I can fix it, or should I just replace the DPF.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Others may give more specific advice, but here goes. The oil pressure may have been related to the "blocked DPF " in so much as when ECU tries to do a regen to clean it , this may dump extra fuel down the bores diluting the engine oil.
Re the DPF pressure issue, I have heard of Fiat Ducatos with a known fault of the DPF pressure sensors on camper vans where it was the first thing they checked.
If the DPF is actually blocked I did clean the one on a 1.6 HDi C3 Picasso then got the diagnostics to tell it that it had been replaced, it lasted four years of local mileage before I had to replace it and in that vehicle top up the Eloys fluid also.

Back