Technical DPF delete

Currently reading:
Technical DPF delete

3) IMO the fiat system works great, never had an unresolved issue unlike other manufactures that are struggling to meet legislation with their systems or are they claiming DPF's are not any good so they dont have to spend/design their own?

I have to agree with this point, despite my earlier problems, since having the ECU software update with the new parameters and listening carefully to the advice of the more informed forum members regarding driving style the problems have definitely become less.

I still get the DPF filter blocked light coming on sometimes but that is to be expected because of the way the car is used. The important thing is (as T states above) the system works and after a few miles at 1800 - 2000RPM the light goes out.

The fact that I am now putting the car up for sale (new TwinAir Sport ordered) is soley down to my everyday driving conditions. If I was able to alter these then my next car would have been another diesel 500, I think they are that good.

not end of...

I am a professionally qualified engineer and worked in the automotove sector for a major oem - one of my projects was emission compliance of diesel engines

ergo I know more that you :p
you obviously don't know how to argue on the internets though. As soon as someone says FACT or end of then they win :p

not end of...

I am a professionally qualified engineer and worked in the automotove sector for a major oem - one of my projects was emission compliance of diesel engines

ergo I know more that you :p

Afraid not - I've just checked with my local MOT centre, and there's no requirement to check for the existance of a DPF

Bad luck!

Afraid not - I've just checked with my local MOT centre, and there's no requirement to check for the existance of a DPF

Bad luck!

:life:

duty_calls.png

Perhaps if you didn't continually come on here to pass off false information as fact I wouldn't have to point out your errors

The point is simply that there is a solution to the alleged problems some are said to have experienced with DPFs. If you can't handle that fair enough, but don't go on passing off false information as fact - it ruins the forum (as if it weren't full of nonsense already!)

Perhaps if you didn't continually come on here to pass off false information as fact I wouldn't have to point out your errors

The point is simply that there is a solution to the alleged problems some are said to have experienced with DPFs. If you can't handle that fair enough, but don't go on passing off false information as fact - it ruins the forum (as if it weren't full of nonsense already!)

Erm, where is this proof that what Rob has said is false?

Erm, where is this proof that what Rob has said is false?

please refer to my previous posts and follow the link. Alternatively, do a bit of work yourself.
I'm rather surprised that those without diesel models are showing such a keen interest in this issue - perhaps they're now considering doing the sensible thing and going derv

please refer to my previous posts and follow the link. Alternatively, do a bit of work yourself.
I'm rather surprised that those without diesel models are showing such a keen interest in this issue - perhaps they're now considering doing the sensible thing and going derv
Oh sorry, I forgot that you'd posted a link to something on the internet as the definitive proof of your statement. Perhaps next time you can say "FACT" or "end of" to make it a little easier for internet newbies like me to see that you've won an argument and proved a fact :)

Would i be right in saying they dont need to check its there because there is an emissions test? Seems like checking a headlamp bulb is there after doing the beam alighment.

Hi Stewart, AFAIK the catalytic converter will take care of the emissions, the DPF will just trap "soot" until such time as it is burnt off either by regeneration or the exhaust temp naturally burning it off on a long sustained run.

The smoke test, if the DPF was removed would then be the method of determining pass or fail of MOT and as has been suggested previously that could be "helped" by treating the car to an Italian Tune Up.

Perhaps D4nny8oy or NumanR could throw some more informed light on the matter, I prefer to hear technical details from people who have hands on knowledge and who know what they are talking about.

:confused: You mean you don't have to check the bulb afterwards, next you'll be suggesting that you don't need to check that there is a horn fitted after blowing it, lol.

Oh sorry, I forgot that you'd posted a link to something on the internet as the definitive proof of your statement. Perhaps next time you can say "FACT" or "end of" to make it a little easier for internet newbies like me to see that you've won an argument and proved a fact :)

Clearly you have difficulty reading. As you drive a petrol powered car I suggest you consider adding to a thread in which you have a genuine interest, rather than just trolling here (n)

Could it be that both are correct- Rob in that a DPF removal wouldn't pass holmologation standards and Zakt in that a DPF removal wouldn't fail an MOT*?

*Because as Grimwau says a DPF doesn't lower or control** emissions (NOx, HC etc) aside from particulates, and AFAIK (only having put very old diesels through an MOT- I don't know if newer vehicles have tighter standards-bearing in mind the mj is Euro V compliant) the only particulate test performed at a "regular" MOT is the visual smoke test?

**AFAIK.

This entire post could (and probably is) be complete cr*p, and I apologise if it's disrupted the flow of a good argument. (y)

Could it be that both are correct- Rob in that a DPF removal wouldn't pass holmologation standards and Zakt in that a DPF removal wouldn't fail an MOT*?

*Because as Grimwau says a DPF doesn't lower or control** emissions (NOx, HC etc) aside from particulates, and AFAIK (only having put very old diesels through an MOT- I don't know if newer vehicles have tighter standards-bearing in mind the mj is Euro V compliant) the only particulate test performed at a "regular" MOT is the visual smoke test?

**AFAIK.

This entire post could (and probably is) be complete cr*p, and I apologise if it's disrupted the flow of a good argument. (y)

you have hit the nail on the head (y)

i have no doubt that removing/disabling the DPF the car may still pass an MOT (same as with a CAT) but that doesn't mean it is the correct thing to do (n)

the specific point i was trying to make is that the advise of an individual VOSA examiner is not gospel :rolleyes:

also we haven't discussed the impact of vehicle warranty

removing the DPF is not dealing with the root cause of the problem

:tosser:

your thanks count = 11

my thanks count = 162

hardly the evidence of not providing helpful advice is it Mark's Stalker?

Thanks count is hardly a reasonable way to prove user helpfulness Rob. Especially when some people think the thanks option is only there to use when someone flames someone they dislike. As opposed to when truely helpful advise is posted.

Last edited:
Back