DPF cleaner

Currently reading:
DPF cleaner

Decro

Has anyone any experience of DPF cleaners which you add to the fuel. Do they work?
Thanks for a great forum

Thanks for the replies.
I was hoping there might be feedback from someone who had used one as a preventative.
I have read the theory of how they supposedly work but is it all advertising hype?

I think you have to step back a little on all of these "extra function additives".

So for most cars / drivers then regular maintenance, sensible driving, recommended fuels and lubricants will ensure you have a reliable, economical and basic reliability.

A general good bit of advice is "if it ain't broke then don't try to fix it". So if you have no obvious DPF issues then the following is the best advice I can offer.

1) don't use modern diesel engines for town, school, and other local runs where these runs account for the bulk of the runs

2) if you detect your engine doing a DPF regen then let it complete

DPF regen is normally very easy to detect if you are vehicle/engine/chassis aware.

Thanks for taking the time to reply s130.
I totally agree with your thinking.
I asked the question originally because someone asked me and I didn't know so I asked on here because it's such a good source of information.

Back