Technical Door window rubbers...

Currently reading:
Technical Door window rubbers...

... I've done a search, and i can't find any help that way, so how the hell do I get the front window rubber to stay in the groove that it is designed to stay in?

I've tried squeezing it in with a screwdriver, many times, to no avail.

I'm getting really frustrated now, because i've got half of it in, by fluke i'm certain, but the other half comes out every time i put the window up?!

Any ideas?

Much appreciated,

Oggy.

Best / easiest thing is t buy a new one. Only a few pounds each, and soo much easier than trying to put it back in.

I'd had the same for several years until last month I managed to get it in and stay in.

I gave the rubber a good spray of silicone spray lube and then it pushed in with a screwdriver and pulled fully home from the outside.

Last edited:
Ive seen the door cards be removed and the seal refitted from the inside before but there are a multitude of different ways

Ahh, maybe i'll persevere a little longer then and see if i can get it in!

Seems daft to buy a new one when i have several good ones lying around, just need to get the other half to stay in! I managed the first half with a screwdriver.

Cheers for all the responses guys :D

Just done my wifes, really easy.
Cut the old ones in two with a stanley knife and remove.
New window seals are about £10 each .
wind window all the way down and just push new seal into place.

Hope this helps?

If only it was that easy!

I've got several used seals, i had no problem removing them, it's getting them to stay in thats the problem.

I managed to get half to stay in, but today whilst trying to wrestle a bit more on (it's driven me mad for so long!) armed with silicone spray, managed to dislodge the whole thing once again... so it's currently in my footwell.

How are new one's easier to fit? Am i missing something?

:confused:

Back