Technical Door open dash light on!

Currently reading:
Technical Door open dash light on!

Currymunster

Assumed it was one of the door switches. Unplugged both of them and light stop on.
Checked out wiring by fuse box. Looks like it's had an after market alarm fitted but not sure.
Found the multiplug to the bottom left of the fuse box.
Removed wires from one by one until the light went off.
Assumed it would be green and white as per the wiring diagram. Turns out to be the grey and yellow wire. Funny thing is when it's removed the red light works fine with the front doors and so does the interior light.
Found the grey and yellow wire fitted to the rear boot light with a red and white wire yet that seems to work fine when boot opened and closed?
But the red dash light doesn't.
It's an 04 plate 1.2 8v
Anyone know what's going on here?
Help appreciated.
James ?

Last edited:
SOLVED but not fixed!
Took the door card off the boot to find more then two wires going into the lock.
So I shut the latch with a screwdriver and found if I push it an extra bit the dash light goes off!
I assume the lock has two switches... One for the luggage light and one for the dash light?
Anyway, how fix please... New lock?
New switch?
Another sneaky way?
Thanks

SOLVED but not fixed!
Took the door card off the boot to find more then two wires going into the lock.
So I shut the latch with a screwdriver and found if I push it an extra bit the dash light goes off!
I assume the lock has two switches... One for the luggage light and one for the dash light?
Anyway, how fix please... New lock?
New switch?
Another sneaky way?
Thanks

The wiring diagram is showing two switches for the light and 'central locking'.

I had a look at taking the door card off but it was really on very firm even with the two screws out..........and since it aint broke I dont want to fix it. :eek:

The wiring diagram is showing two switches for the light and 'central locking'.

I had a look at taking the door card off but it was really on very firm even with the two screws out..........and since it aint broke I dont want to fix it. :eek:

Thanks for trying!
My biggest problem was that the Haynes manual has different coloured wires to what the car has! Grrrr!
I'm pretty sure it's the little white microswitch but again. This car has no plug to remove the wires. It's soldered straight on to the microswitch with two wires going inside. I don't want to cut the wires just yet. Does anyone know if I can get the micro switch anywhere?
????

Find the multi plug!
I thought the fixing was just a cable clip on the inside but turns out it was the plug hiding in there too!
When I get chance I'll remove the whole thing and see if I can get anywhere with the switch and a multimeter!
???

Taken the latch out and worked it out. It's the microswitch..
Although it works fine.. Its the plastic leaver under it that not right. Over the years it has bent down so it now no longer phrases the switch properly.
Has anyone opened this latch and successfully put it back together with say two nuts and bolts??
It looks like it needs drilling to open it?

I swapped my boot lock for another from a Punto with no issues. I still got a "boot open" warning on the dash. Just to be sure, I put my lock in the other Punto and it worked as it should, with a warning when the lock was open and absent when closed. The grey and yellow wire is an NC (normally closed) earth from what I can gather. I tapped into this near the the dashboard in the passenger footwell and grounded it. This did not cure the problem eliminating the possibility of a broken wire between there and the lock. I seem to remember reading somewhere that the fault was in the BCM (body control module) That would appear to be correct. Please please someone prove me wrong.

Simon

Back