Technical Door Mirrors

Currently reading:
Technical Door Mirrors

john1804

This might be in the wrong place but here goes, the electric door mirrors on my HGT have suddenly decided to stop working, any ideas which fuse I should be looking at? If not the fuse what else could go wrong?

cheers

Cheers, i've had major problems with the radio/sat-nav and cd unit ever since buying the car. It constantly looses the code when switched off and on. I recently tried having it repaired again, and after it had been looked at that's when I noticed the mirrors weren't working, the driver electric window won't open and close with the 1 click option, I have to hold the switch in, plus I no longer have backlights behind the dash buttons for the power steering "city option" heated rear window and fog lights. An othe trip back to the auto-electricians then and let them sort it out, they caused it by the sounds of it?

From what thefishdude said and your backlights etc not working I'd say it was definately a fuse then - just not sure which one :p

It certainly sounds as if something has been blown/disconnected during the radio work. A mate of mine disconnected a wire for his electric seats a few years ago when installing some ICE, took him ages to figure it out!

Cheers for the info, if you think of any thing else please post it, I'll let you know the outcome from the next trip to the auto electrician!

do your elec windows have one toich control ?? i have elec windows and one touch shut is optional extra soo i have to do them manually.

also if it should have one touch they may need to be reset. when i had a cavalier if you disconnected teh battery you had to resset the one touch windows by opening and then closing and keeping ya finger on the close button for 5 seconds after it had shut. long shot i know but maybe worth a try

The driver side used to have a one touch control, I give the suggestion a go and see what happens.

Hiya, turned out it was the fuse that had blown! it's the same one which runs the dashboard instrument lights, backup for the radio and the one touch electric window for the drivers side.

Back