Technical Does Fiat Panda have Electronic Fuel Injection ?

Currently reading:
Technical Does Fiat Panda have Electronic Fuel Injection ?

StanZlatan

And which models have this system. I am asking as I am reading a technical article how to save fuel and it states that cars with such system do not spend any fuel more then needed while you drive on neutral.

And which models have this system. I am asking as I am reading a technical article how to save fuel and it states that cars with such system do not spend any fuel more then needed while you drive on neutral.
Every modern vehicle with a catalytic converter uses EFI

uk law since @1992

Why drive in neitral ( technically illegal)

If you lift your foot from accelerator while in gear the fuel is no longer injected

Thing is that in the turns or before you have to stop at lights its easier to switch to neutral and hit the breaks then to stress the gearbox.

As stated by @varesecrazy you should do all your braking and slowing down while in gear, this helps keep proper control of the vehicle and also means during this time the engine will not be using any fuel at all.

If you roll out of gear then the engine needs to keep adding fuel to keep the engine turning. While in gear the movement of the car is enough to keep the engine turning.

This will not "stress" the gearbox. But rolling and using only your brakes for slowing down will stress the brake and lead to needing more regular servicing of the brakes.

Yeah i changed a lot of disks and break pads before. I am afraid gear box is not.made.for.slowing down though and am sure will cost over 1k pounds if i ever need to replace. But i think i will try to hit breaks in gear then switch to appropriate gear to accelerate

Yeah i changed a lot of disks and break pads before. I am afraid gear box is not.made.for.slowing down
Well that's how everyone in the UK is taught to drive. The gearbox is plenty strong enough on any car to slow the car down, given that the gear box is capable of taking the engine power to speed the car up.

Back