Does anyone know if the Grande Punto GT is 8v or 16v?

Currently reading:
Does anyone know if the Grande Punto GT is 8v or 16v?

H2DaE said:
I would take a guess at 16v

Are the new JTD's 16v? Because the Mk2 ones are 8v :cry:

The 1.3 is a 16V engine. All of the 1.9s on offer at the moment are 8V engines. The expected 150 HP version will be 16V when it arrives.

I'm still waiting for them to announce the 200HP version of the 2.4 MJTD in the Grande Punto. That will be a 20V.

raton_laveur said:
I'm still waiting for them to announce the 200HP version of the 2.4 MJTD in the Grande Punto. That will be a 20V.

The announced 200bhp engine (if the announcement hasn't been withdrawn in favour of another idea, which seems to be Fiats latest marketing strategy) is the new 1.9 sequential turbo Diesel engine. It is supposed to be fitted on the Alfa range first and if fitted to the Grande Punto in slightly less at 190bhp.

By then another variant of the 2.4 is planned (and we may even see it) with a power output of 250bhp, which again is supposed to be a sequential turbo Diesel.

it would be nice but they dont even do that for the bigger and more expensive cars so id doubt it,plus it would be extremly hard to put in and other components even if it could.there is little room in mine as it is and its a bigger car!have you seen wot the 147GTA looks like???im surprised it dont melt the whole engine bay!

Back