Does anybody work in security?

Currently reading:
Does anybody work in security?

lol, my reckoning is that anybody who is sad enough to read this forum and track him down then force him to enter his code in then watch when he doesn't enter the proper code probably is more than i can defeat with a few security precautions!

Though, as it is, if it goes off, I get a phone call....

I will get a pic up when i get my new camera :)

I like the idea of a silent alarm, he has one on Bourne Identity.

So now he has a fully installed alarm system with nromal PIRS, door contacts etc. but with secret weapons of telephone auto dialler/txter (top of the range) and wireless panic alarm system and it all lights up with pretty colours!

And goes WOOOOWOOWOOWOWOWOWOWOWOW really loud!

I would change the Duress code to something other than 9999 as this could be a bit obvious if somebody is looking over his shoulder asking him to enter his code.

Does your bell box have a battery back up as well.

Well to be honest that's isn't the exact duress code :)

Bell box had its battery removed last time we fiddled with the alarm a year or two ago, we have the old battery from the old alarm unit (max 1 year old, very good battery) ready to go up there :)

I would never expect my grandfather to use the duress code.

The most amazing thing is it called me and I didn't have a clue what it was doing, i.e. you dialler is so naughty and secret! CHeers for recommending that one.

All I have to do now is program is all fully to work as we want, at the moment I just have basic functions to test everything and I know it's all working :)

Well, as promised, a few pictures, and erm, one of my cat ;) - excuse his decor ;)

security1.jpg

security2.jpg

PICT0021.jpg

I hope that's not by the front door, your meant to hide the autodialler to make sure it can't be ripped off the wall before it has dialled. The control box doesn't matter as it would trigger the dialler before you could smash it up. You do need a bell box battery though otherwise it can be silenced by cutting the wire.

it is *embarrassed face* it's fine though, plus we're probably making a locked case for it all.

Afte fitting the secondary rear door locks and door contacts a week ago I was pleased with my work.

For all those that think I am crazy, yesterday two blokes, about 20, came up the drive, a third guy on the end of the drive "keeping look out" i guess. They came up the drive, tried the door and rang the door bell, looked down at the sticker saying CCTV, look at the camera and say "**** look" point at the camera and run off

It was worth it, they won't be back. :)

We phoned the local police and they said if no crime was comitted there's nothing they can do, plus although I can work that out from the video, it was too dark to actually see them, but it obviously is doing it's tricks. I was just pissed off my grandpa watched this and didn't at any point phone me or hit the panic alarm.....

The light is on the left of where the proper camera is (but would work if the decoy was real) so you can see the left side of them but not properly, so, as you advise, probably good to get a PIR light fitted there, there's one already just not been used since he wired up the big main one.

What I can't believe is that we got a good result so quickly!

You would have thought the police would be more interested in the information as crime prevention is part of their job. I thought that's why they wanted beat officers again, to be able to use this type of information.

Also they are a bit useless if they don't realise that "fear of crime" is almost as bad for older people than crime itself so they are also there to reassure people that they are doing something to combat it.

Well in their defence, they did call me back after I spoke to the person I assume on the desk after promising to do so. The person who spoke to me also said that images from "DIY" CCTV aren't very useful. It doesn't bother me a great since I know that the camera is a deterent more than anything.

We now see it as more important to get the new gates so it's less likely somebody would walk up the drive in this manner - not the first time it has happened.

At least they called back, our elderly nieghbours are very nervous of crime and we live in a very safe area where "touch wood" there has never been any problems of any kind.

If you put up some gates, connect a switch which switched on the lights and sounds chime in the house. You can use wireless battery powered senders for this.

Must give your grandad a feeling of security though, just a shame it's necessary. A friend of mine has been working non stop on the Underground bomb CCTV footage since the bombs went off, it's amazing how much info they have got from it.

By the way why are you up so early, our little boy has been ill with a bad cold so he's been up really early every day.

No idea, I must be crazy, I am playing paintball today in Sherwood forest so maybe just excited lol. Sorry about your son :(

How I do the gates is important, the idea you're suggesting is exactly what I wanted, doing the light is easy enough (opening gate switches on security lights for 30 seconds say) but doing the chime is something I need to look into, I did want a beam break that would do a chime and just use the PIR for security lighting outside, problem is, none I have seen are beam breaks that have a wire going to a seperate chiming box and they are a tad expensive to buy to modify if I can't think of a way to do it.

Have you got an example of a wireless sender that I could use? Since I know I can use one of the zones on the alarm as a chime zone.

I am really glad that I have shown him it works now!

Back