Technical Dodgey Exhaust

Currently reading:
Technical Dodgey Exhaust

What would be a good exhaust to get I have seen a Ragazzon one that looks good?

Thanks Twins they look good. As an engineer the OCD may get triggered with dodgy looking welds though!!

Thanks Twins they look good. As an engineer the OCD may get triggered with dodgy looking welds though!!

For quality of finish go for Ragazzon.
Don't forget that the welds are under the car.. Unseen and MM sounds a lot nicer as it deletes the resonator on the TA version. Is yours a TA, 1.2, 1.4?

Ours is a 1.2

Ok. The complaints have only been about the TA version Magneti Marelli.
The 1.2 version is different in that it has a back box. It's not fully stainless though. I think the back box is described as 'aluminised steel'

Hi guys,

Recently I've noticed, well tbh it was after my car was repaired at the Fiat Garage for cold start problems, that i've noticed that the exhaust is incredibly loud. When starts, it blows quite a bit, and then whenever I drive and hit 1600-1900 revs, regardless of gear, it will sound like a bag of nails is rattling round inside of it.

I know these cars have a raspy exhaust sound anyway (after hearing a 13 plate struggling in second gear)... but mine sounds worse than usual. Literally every time I accelerate but when I surpass 1900revs the noise disappears.

Any thoughts? Just took out a dealer extended warranty for 2 years and wondered whether it would be covered if faulty. Thanks!

oh my car is a 10plate pop

I would have said that's 2 separate issues the blowing exhaust and the rattle. A rattle like an empty coke can on a washing machine at certain rpms would usually be a heat shield that's worked loose and vibrates at specific resonances. Usually solved by ripping the offending item off.

I would have said that's 2 separate issues the blowing exhaust and the rattle. A rattle like an empty coke can on a washing machine at certain rpms would usually be a heat shield that's worked loose and vibrates at specific resonances. Usually solved by ripping the offending item off.
Very good point, never heard of a 500 box failing when so new anyway.

Very good point, never heard of a 500 box failing when so new anyway.
Just had a look under ours and the outer skin is starting to come away at the front of the back box, nothing crazy, should be alright for another MOT or two.

Back